Alright, so today when I stop being so ****ing lazy I'm gonna go down to a guitar store and buy a new gig bag, and new strings.... I kinda wanna get 10's instead of the 9's I've been playing with for years.

How will this effect my tone, from the Ernie Ball 9 Reinforced that I've been using for 3 years.

Will they be harder to play with?

Will I have to change anything around?
Personally, i think ernie regular super slinky 10's have a better smoother tone, less tinny. There not harder to play with, just harder to break.

I doubt youll have to change anything around.

10's are my faveourite, one you have them, you never go back
Quote by Anthony1991
10's are my faveourite, one you have them, you never go back

i used to play 10's now I play 11's so that isnt a true statement
i still like to have 9's in standard tuning, but for D or below its gotta be a higher guage. I had no problems going from 9's to 10's on my washburn, although it does have the buzz feiten intonation system which might of made a difference..
I swapped to 10's from 9's a few weeks back. I can do pretty much the same bends I could do before.
It's not much of a change, really. The strings are slightly harder to play, but honestly I didn't even notice when I switched a month or so ago. Your tone will be slightly darker. You'll break strings less often too.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by vitchb
i still like to have 9's in standard tuning, but for D or below its gotta be a higher guage. I had no problems going from 9's to 10's on my washburn, although it does have the buzz feiten intonation system which might of made a difference..

I can play in drop C perfectly fine with my 9's. No buzz, no nothing. A bit loose, but not too bad. Wouldn't go any lower than that though.

TS: If you only ever play 9's, then it might be hard to do bends and the like at first. It should pass though, as you get used to them. As far as tone, I didn't really notice a difference when I had some 10's on last month. Wasn't looking for one, though. I was just being cheap, and using a free set on strings.
No difference. (;

I play 10s all the time. Played 9s before.
10's have slightly better tone in my opinion especially for chords, are better for rhythym playing and any sorta downtuning
may take a while to adjust too tho
Of course, if your guitar has a floating tremolo, the different gauge will definitely alter the angle of your bridge.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80