For those of you who are aware of matt and corey's signature Dean guitars (both ugly as sin IMO, I don't see why anybody would want somebody else's band logo plastered all over THEIR guitar) you'll be realise that they are both 6 string models

Listening to the new album 'shogun' however, all the songs seem to be played on 7 string guitars

This raises a couple of points:

1. Will there be 7 string trivium sigs released later on? (i'm guessing NAMM 09)
2. Why would Dean release signature guitars that will barely be used on the upcoming tour?

I suppose it still appeals to fanboys who can't handle a 7 string lol

Discuss...
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
Last edited by samtewari at Sep 26, 2008,
I read in Guitar World that at least one of the solos on Shogun was recorded on a Les Paul gold top, all original parts. Why they let Trivium have a guitar like that is beyond me.........
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
1) Most likely, no.
2) Money, why else?

Anyways, how do you know that they're played on 7 strings? They could just tune low!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
In the guitar world interview they said it's all 7 strings except for two songs which are 6 string standard A440 Tuning. And I hear 7 string sig models will be out next year.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Lil Macker

2) Money, why else?

truetrue, although i can't see anybody but 12/13 year olds buying them purely because of the trivium logos

Quote by Lil Macker

Anyways, how do you know that they're played on 7 strings? They could just tune low!

on the riff videos they've been posting online they play all the new riffs on one of those bog-standard razorback 7s
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
[quote="'']Because they'll use the 6 string guitars live for the old songs

Ahh, good old ember to inferno

Ember to Inferno was epic. Glad somebody remember's the good ol days.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
im pretty sure they were planning the 7 string models
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Guitar companies don't make signature so artists use them on tour (they can, but that's not the point). By having a guitar with an artists name out and in stores they already get enough publicity.
I think you'll find that most everything in this world comes down to money, with this being no exception.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Quote by TheQuailman
Guitar companies don't make signature so artists use them on tour (they can, but that's not the point). By having a guitar with an artists name out and in stores they already get enough publicity.

Well, it's also about endorsements. I think part of an agreement can be that you have to use those guitars on tour. That's why you see a lot of guys using a ton of different guitars in studio but their sigs on tour.
Quote by Toniofalcon
Well, it's also about endorsements. I think part of an agreement can be that you have to use those guitars on tour. That's why you see a lot of guys using a ton of different guitars in studio but their sigs on tour.

Yeah, but often enough the endorsees will have several guitars custom build by the company to use on tour - it's most important to Dean that Trivium use a Dean of some sort on stage. It being the signature guitar is a secondary objective.
They use the signatures from namm 08 but they are seven strings. its the same guitars but with an extra string. I saw them in memphis on liek the 16th and thats what they used. They even played the old songs with the seven strings. Maybe this will answer some of your questions?
Quote by Union Jake

So anyway, now i'm here feeling rather dirty knowing that I just sat in a room with 3 other guys having a wank. I had to get it off my chest
Quote by fenderfreak101
Youre mom should have used the coat hanger to abort you as a fetus.

Douche bag.
The 6 string sigs were designed before Shogun was recorded. Back when they only really had 2 7 string songs.
The Gear
Schecter Loomis NT
Schecter C7 Hellraiser
Washburn Tabu TB300
Peavey 5150
Laney TT412a

erm maybye they do haave 7 strings? i seen em live m8 lol coreys is black and matts is the same except the red has swapped with the white
i could be wrong but i dont think Trivium is even endorsed by Dean anymore i saw a recent video of matt tipping over his guitar and the headstock broke off. Then Matt and Corey said "what are these made out of?" and then i went to Deans website and the only place i could find their guitars was on one link and then i clicked on the guitar for more info and it was a blank Page and i looked under artist and corey and matt were not on there so i dont think ull see any trivium dean 7 strings
Quote by jack hate crew
erm maybye they do haave 7 strings? i seen em live m8 lol coreys is black and matts is the same except the red has swapped with the white

Why did you post in a 4 month old topic? Only an idiot would go back to page 20 and post in a topic there.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
i actually saw the topic on youtube retard and why do you care? ur the idiot thats readin what i post
Quote by souperman08
I read in Guitar World that at least one of the solos on Shogun was recorded on a Les Paul gold top, all original parts. Why they let Trivium have a guitar like that is beyond me.........

lol
My thoughts exactly.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs