And it's also the last time I hotlink from another forum .

Damn inflation
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

as if we need another reason not to go there

i really do feel sorry for the people that live there
Sig space available, give me some praise
They've got no-one to blame but Robert Mugabe.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by af_the_fragile
lol...

Soon america will be printing out $1000 bills too!!! :p

We used to have $100,000 bills, iirc
ONE of the American dollars is worth about $121 Zimbabwe...
$20 used to be $80,000 in Zimbabwe, but now its only $2,000.... I'm not sure if Zimbabwe is improving, or America is going down... probably both.
i wonder what that 5 dollar note would get you. hmmm.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by paranoideyes
i do not understand? i am not smart about economics.

Judging by your username, title thing, and avatar this really really surprises me.
Quote by paranoideyes
i do not understand? i am not smart about economics.

The worse your economy, the more inflation in your country, the less your currency is worth.
So you need to pay more and more for the same thing than u needed to before.

In Zimbabwe's case, the economy is so bad that they need to keep printing out notes of bigger and bigger value cuz the lower value notes are becoming more and more worthless...
Quote by af_the_fragile
The worse your economy, the more inflation in your country, the less your currency is worth.
So you need to pay more and more for the same thing than u needed to before.

In Zimbabwe's case, the economy is so bad that they need to keep printing out notes of bigger and bigger value cuz the lower value notes are becoming more and more worthless...

oh ok thanx. i thought it was something like this.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
It's a country full of millionaires!!

lol, theres always a silver lining
Look Left>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Left you idiot
I heard from a woman from Zimbabwe that on a bus journey they have to add money to the fare before the end because the inflation is so bad.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by irnbrurules
Get ready for seeing things like that in America sometime soon.

You realize that much of the world is connected in some way to the US economy? I don't want to sound like an arrogant american, because I am definitely not, but if inflation did get that bad here in the US, it would have large negative impact on many other countries too.
When I say Mugabe is the worst dictator ever, I don't mean he's a bad person, he just sucks
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.

Quote by zwound
Win

Quote by __Pent__

^^Too bad I can't do this in real life
Quote by Spamwise
You realize that much of the world is connected in some way to the US economy? I don't want to sound like an arrogant american, because I am definitely not, but if inflation did get that bad here in the US, it would have large negative impact on many other countries too.

Yeah I know. America is screwed anyway to be honest.
Quote by AStrangleHold
When I say Mugabe is the worst dictator ever, I don't mean he's a bad person, he just sucks

+1

Sucks to be a Zimbabwean.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
It was in 1946 at Hungary. This is the greatest nominal value a paper money had. It is 1.000.000.000. It is one billion. Back then the people had backpacks full of money, which they can trade for 1kg bread.
Last edited by Daneeka at Sep 26, 2008,
Quote by RPGoof
ONE of the American dollars is worth about $121 Zimbabwe...
$20 used to be $80,000 in Zimbabwe, but now its only $2,000.... I'm not sure if Zimbabwe is improving, or America is going down... probably both.

in Zimbabwe they keep the US dollar to Zimbabwe Dollar exchange rate the same which means if youre american and u go there youre retarded. even though your money is worth way more, you wont be able to buy anything. A fancy dinner may cost you 50,000 american dollars
Quote by irnbrurules
Get ready for seeing things like that in America sometime soon.

Its gonna suck hard if it does
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
a shopkeeper there was quoted saying that after 48 hours, it wasnt worth collecting a debt, because then it wasnt worth anything because of inflation
XU
Quote by Pernell
i would just do the whole barter thing instead of using money there anymore.

In order to barter you have to have something the other person actually wants.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
i read that the money was going to be devalued, pretty much take out all the zeros and replace everything to stabilize the economy there, many countries have done this before, cause they were paying something along the lines of like 200 somthing for 1 american dollar, i heard nigeria was worse, until they devalued
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
In order to barter you have to have something the other person actually wants.

Well, then you better have a daughter.

WHAT? It's legit over there .
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

there was a run of superinflation in the late 80s in Yugoslavia

here you can still sometimes find some gas stations that have billion dinar notes on display under the counter

Quote by this&that
i read that the money was going to be devalued, pretty much take out all the zeros and replace everything to stabilize the economy there, many countries have done this before, cause they were paying something along the lines of like 200 somthing for 1 american dollar, i heard nigeria was worse, until they devalued

or weimar germany, where it was more economical to burn the money for heating rather than to buy petrol
or when taking a wheelbarrowload of money to the shop to buy bread....they'd steal your wheelbarrow because it was worth more than that pile of cash
Last edited by seljer at Sep 26, 2008,