Hey UG crew,

Recently I've been finding myself in situations where i wanna record a guitar riff, or an idea for a song or just random stuff and a portable audio recorder would be quite useful. Now I really know anything about these things but I'm sure you guys will be able to help me out.

The features that I'm looking for

*Good built in microphone, able to record guitar,vocals possibly drums at reasonable quality (not to then put on a record or anything, just for playback not to forget the riff, drum beat etc.)
*Possibly the ability to record directly from a guitar amp (via recording out port on amp)
*Uses SD cards (or other type of expandable memory) - not a must
*Ability to transfer data onto a computer
*Reasonably priced (not saying actual budget because I'm not aware of how much these things cost)

Now I live in Europe so don't recommend anything of too obscure or of off ebay or ThinkGeek.com because the shipping will be a b**ch

Hope that's enough info

Take it easy.
I believe Boss has something that would be up your alley. I cannot remember the name of it though.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Hmm the Micro BR does look pretty cool BUT if I were to find myself in a situation where I'm playing acoustic guitar and singing, I don't think the mic on that would handle that really well. It looks like a crappy one you'd find on an mp3 player.
It's seems as though to get the best out of it you need to plug directly in and that's not always what I'd want to do. Besides things like the built in COSM effects i don't really need.

I think I'd want something with a more reliable looking mic on it.
You could always buy a mic to go with it.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
But then you end up carrying two things around and BUYING two things, I did an image search and this is more of what i was thinking of...

This thread inspired me to do some research... After looking at digital dictation recorders from google (like a doctor would use), I checked amazon. I ended up finding adapters that plug into your ipod and make it a recorder for like $25. I just bought one. The Griffin iTalk Pro. I'll let you know in a week or so how it works!

-J