Got this about a month ago but i haven't been on here properly for a loooong time so i thought i'd share it with you all
This thing is awesome, i took it into the music shop to get a proper set up and it went down a hit there (you could tell they'd all been playing it whilst it was in lol) and they all commented on how well made it was when i collected it

SPEC: SD blackouts, alder body with maple thru neck, ebony fingerboard, original floyd rose trem, 2 vol, 1 tone, 1 killswitch

For those of you not familliar with Ran guitars, its a polish company who are building a steady reputation across the world. Their main endorsees include Jeff Waters (Annihilator) and Cannibal Corpse
This one set me back around the £1600 mark when converted from euros, which for such a high quality custom made instrument is excellent imo.
www.ranguitars.com

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
that guitar is ****ing class
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Holy Crap, I want one of those! A guitar Alexi could be proud of.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Nice one. I'm not much into metal guitars, but I have to admit that those white RR style guitars are classy as hell.
Now what are you doing on here? You should play that thing 24/7!

EDIT: What exactly are the specs?
EDIT2: Either this is a really big guitar or you are a realy small guy. Or my vision is fucking with me afain.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Sep 26, 2008,
Quote by TheQuailman

EDIT: What exactly are the specs?

I've put the specs in the main post
(SD blackouts, alder body with maple thru neck, ebony fingerboard, original floyd rose trem, 2 vol, 1 tone, 1 killswitch)

other nitty gritty details would probs include Extra Jumbo frets, i think the tuning pegs are gotohs

Quote by TheQuailman

EDIT2: Either this is a really big guitar or you are a realy small guy. Or my vision is fucking with me afain.

I'm 5ft 8 so about average size
its a fairly large guitar, bearing in mind also on the pics the neck is turned towards the camera so it might appear larger?

Quote by 007SixString
how does the finish on the back of the neck feel when playing?

feels nice, i actually updated the spec after i ordered to have a satin finish so it was smoother but they seemed to forget that alteration, no regrets though it feels fine, faster than my les paul and it doesn't feel sticky at all, just nice.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

Last edited by samtewari at Sep 26, 2008,
very nice man! Looks like a really high quality axe.

Those blackouts must be fun in it, I have a couple friends that greatly prefer them in the alder/ash bodies. Does it have a tendency to get pretty bright with that combination of alder/maple/ebony, or do the blackouts kind of compensate for it?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
very nice axe dude!

btw, what's £1600 in usd? like 3 grand? They seem really insanely well priced for custom guitars. I got a quite from them awhile ago for a hot rodded super strat and it was around the 2 - 2.5 grand mark, which is really insanely well priced since some companies (ESP off the top of my head) are like 5 grand for something that's not too extremely unique.

How's it sound/play?
I saw some of the pics on the site of some of the custom guitars. AMAZING! some people did some crazy shiznit. There was one shaped like a saw blade. Great looking guitars.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
excellent!

what are the tuners?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
awesome!

what do you think of the Blackouts?
i tried some in a new schecter, and i dont think theyre as good as emg's IMO
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
I love the blackouts! thats all i've gotta say lol
they're good for metal but also good for hard rock too, cleans are very nice indeed
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

for some reason it reminds me of the white/gold syn custom more than just the colors but nice guitar
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by samtewari
I love the blackouts! thats all i've gotta say lol
they're good for metal but also good for hard rock too, cleans are very nice indeed

how long did it take for the company to build the guitar?

i just thought that they seemed abit weak for what i usually play, which is emg's with an 18v mod
Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by Dust_to_Dust
how long did it take for the company to build the guitar?

i just thought that they seemed abit weak for what i usually play, which is emg's with an 18v mod

It took about 14 months to build
a long wait but i think there's only a small team of them working there from what i understand, and its built with love and care
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

looks like it was well worth the wait

Congrats!!

Main Gear
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
nice axe bro
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Sweeeeeeeeeheeeeeeeeeeheeeeeeeeeeeeeeheheheheheheeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
damn dude. nice guitar. im loving the finish
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
You know, I've been considering a seven string ran, nice guitar bro.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by zekk
You know, I've been considering a seven string ran, nice guitar bro.

When i did a quote for one just for the hell of it, it was over $5000 USD.
my god that is gorgeous! RAN guitars are amazing, i wish i could afford one. children of bodom is a great band as well,
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)