Hi I have a gt 8 and micro cube amp. someone is going to buy my micro cube and i decided to buy a epiphone valve junior to use with gt8...will it make a real difference? and also i play at really low volumes can i play silent with vj and still get a good sound?
Valve Junior is great at low volumes but when you crank it up it sounds distorted almost..
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.

Quote by zwound
Win

Quote by __Pent__

^^Too bad I can't do this in real life
Quote by AStrangleHold
Valve Junior is great at low volumes but when you crank it up it sounds distorted almost..

It's designed to do that, the volume knob doubles as a gain knob. As you crank it up, the tubes break up, hence distortion.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
yes it will, your tone will be 10x better, but unless you plan to modify it, i recomend getting an epiphone valve standard or special for only like 50 bucks more, i own a standard and its a pretty decent amp for the price, and if you throw some better pre amp tubes in it, it will sound even better, but not nessecary.
Amps:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Epiphone Valve Standard
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 st-100
Guitars:
Greco 1980 LP black beauty 3 pickup, emg 81TW, 81, 85
Univox les paul
Custom Stratocaster replica, emg 81 and 2 emg SA
Johnson Stratocaster
I dont know which models are for sale in my country. I will try to get the best i can. hope it will be good with my gt 8
Can someone give me more advice please? cos its will be a really important thing for me...can i play epiphone valve junior at very low volumes about 1 or 1.5 volume.?
I got a DSL401 recently.

40 watt valve amp, On about 1.5 I can play in a small room quitly, Although If your gonna use the GT-8 Which I also have you will probably wanna turn of the amp models and just use the effects.
But the epiphone is a amp which you have to crank to get distortion so i will have to use the amp models of gt 8.
ok, fair enough, or you could use..the distortion.

But if you do wanna use the gain on the models then dont use any reverb. It may be different on the Epiphone.

Either way it should all work fine
It's going to be alot better.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by scott58
It's going to be alot better.

+1
Digital Effects plus amp modellers on things like GT-8's don't go well with valve amps. Turning off the amp models would help so you can get the most of the amps tone with the effects, but I think like you say, you'd be better getting a microcube at least. Though if you can spend a bit more I'd reccommend a Cube 30 or Vox AD15VT.
A valve junior and a POD XTL puts the cube and vox AD series to shame. I imagine the GT8 will do the same thing.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
Why you say valve amp and amp models dont go well? i just sold my micro cube today was it a bad idea? The micro cube was not good at high gain stuff it started to fizz and buzz or whatever you call it.
Hi i spoke to some friends and they said it was not a good idea. I really am confused. I will use all the amp models effects on gt8. will it be bad with valve junior?? if there is someone who has both gt8 and evj or someone who has tried them both please help me!!
Some of the amp models on my POD are outstanding through the Valve Junior. I'm certain you don't like everything your GT 8 does, same with the POD. But your going to find stuff that's really great. It's been a while since i plugged into a GT 8, but the better amp models on the POD are Mesa, Soldano, hi watt.. They sound really decent. SS amps aren't as good in my opinion.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
try it out, if you like it then its fine

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by scott58
Some of the amp models on my POD are outstanding through the Valve Junior. I'm certain you don't like everything your GT 8 does, same with the POD. But your going to find stuff that's really great. It's been a while since i plugged into a GT 8, but the better amp models on the POD are Mesa, Soldano, hi watt.. They sound really decent. SS amps aren't as good in my opinion.

I heard Pod had better amp models but im happy with my gt8 for now. its not a long time since i bought it so i havent used it at %100 if pod is good with evj then gt8 should be good too i guess.
When I bought my POD the deciding factor was my Variax. They are both great units. I think you'll be fine. I haven't plugged into any higher end SS amps, but all the $300 & $400 SS amps running around don't sound as good in my opinion. i plugged into a fender champ XD and the new Vyper 30 yesterday. They don't sound as good in my opinion. same with the AD series Vox and the cube. The preamps in these cheaper amps just can't standup to something like a POD XT Live or GT 8. That's why our units cost as much as they do. They are basically doing the same job with much higher quality components and more processing power. The addition of the valves in the valve junior warmed my tone and made it sound alot better then through any SS amp i've plugged into. For electric models I like it better then my Power mixer with the exception of acoustic models but that has more to do with my Variax then the fx unit. All my friends agree. They are all selling off their SS amps and going tube. 1 of my friends has the Boss me 50 and another has a GNX something (not sure exactly which) they both plugged into my Vj combo and are no longer happy with their SS amps.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD