We had an audition for a gig today, so i was told by someone not associated with the band 5 minutes before the audition ENDED, and that really peed off the oher members. So I was chucked out.
The thing is, these guys are my best mates,I've known the bassist since we were toddlers, and they can't even give me a straight explanation. They keep giving me bullshit excuses about how we've not been blending recently, they'd be better off as a 3 piece, i don't pu enough time in (not true At ALL. I've failed exams so i can perfect little bits in songs, and that's not enough time for them?).
All I want to get is a straight answer, and they won't give me one, how do I get it?
Dont.
Just make a better band. And kick their asses in a battle of the bands.

Guted you failed your exams over a band :|
Quote by AtticusNathy
Dont.

They were mocks, but they matter a hell of a lot, they pushed my expected grades down loads and that's what gets us into college.
And I wouldn't have started guitar if it wasn't for the band. I used to play keyboard for them, but got a bit bored of it, stared learning guitar and worked my arse off to get good enough, spent hundreds of pounds on decent equipment, all for a band i'm no longer in.
and however sissy this sounds, i cried and shaked when they told me, and i'm not the crying and shakey type.
Who the **** does that? Kicking you out mid audition and not even them telling you? Like some guy there was just like, "We don't have you on the bill"?

It's probably because you're ugly and they want a band of good looking musicians.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
Who the **** does that? Kicking you out mid audition and not even them telling you? Like some guy there was just like, "We don't have you on the bill"?

It's probably because you're ugly and they want a band of good looking musicians.

This it is not. drummer looks likes Harry Potter dwarf style, with goofy teeth, bassists got extremely swollen nipples that show through his shirt, and guitarists big, slightly overweight and ginger.
Quote by AtticusNathy
Dont.
Just make a better band.

Well said.
It's as simple as that guitarboy. You really don't need to be in a band with a bunch of nurotics that would kick you out because you didn't happen to know about an audition.
Go and either find another band or put one together yourself that is full of level headed people who just wanna make great music.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Well said.
It's as simple as that guitarboy. You really don't need to be in a band with a bunch of nurotics that would kick you out because you didn't happen to know about an audition.
Go and either find another band or put one together yourself that is full of level headed people who just wanna make great music.

yeah, the band had gone in a direction i never wanted to go in.
cheers, i'll post updates once everythings all set up.
Quote by guitarboy76
yeah, the band had gone in a direction i never wanted to go in.

So it's no loss then. Infact, you should see it as an opportunity to leave a band you weren't happy in without having to break it to them, and also as an opportunity to sort out a better band. It's actualy an advantage, a good thing, a step in the right direction.

Send 'em a 'thankyou' letter telling them how after giving it some thought, you are now quite happy that they fired you and that you wish to remain friends with them and once you get your own band together, possibly support them some time.

Then get the most kick ass band together that you possibly can and blow them so far off the stage that they enter orbit.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
So it's no loss then. Infact, you should see it as an opportunity to leave a band you weren't happy in without having to break it to them, and also as an opportunity to sort out a better band. It's actualy an advantage, a good thing, a step in the right direction.

Send 'em a 'thankyou' letter telling them how after giving it some thought, you are now quite happy that they fired you and that you wish to remain friends with them and once you get your own band together, possibly support them some time.

Then get the most kick ass band together that you possibly can and blow them so far off the stage that they enter orbit.

will do.
i know a guy who can play through the fire flames AND make it sounds nice.
Quote by guitarboy76
will do.
i know a guy who can play through the fire flames AND make it sounds nice.

Good man.
Then when you're famous, write an autobiography of your life and mention them in it, but pretend that you can't quite remember their names.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Good man.
Then when you're famous, write an autobiography of your life and mention them in it, but pretend that you can't quite remember their names.

Slacker is quite literally a legend.

On topic, i went thro a similar thing

You've just gotta get some more people and start a BETTER band
Quote by --ATREYUROCK--
Slacker is quite literally a legend.

Yeah, in my own lunchtime.

BTW. Cheers.

Quote by smb

Kicked out of his band, then banned, what next?

Hmmm, wonder what he did?
Quote by guitarboy76
they can't even give me a straight explanation. They keep giving me bullshit excuses about how we've not been blending recently, they'd be better off as a 3 piece, i don't pu enough time in (not true At ALL. I've failed exams so i can perfect little bits in songs, and that's not enough time for them?).
All I want to get is a straight answer, and they won't give me one, how do I get it?

They don't want you in the band, you probably suck or something and they've decided the band sounds better without you, i've been in bands that have had to kick people out for being shit, it's not fun but it has to be done, bad musicians like you should just stay out of bands.
Solution: Play at the talent show with a backing track.Preferably something challenging,and show them up. It'll be a big slap in the face to them,because they lost out on a good guitarist.

Or you can quickly put together a band and play at the talent show. Either way same result.

As for the straight answer, they're gonna keep on giving u excuses if you keep on asking man.
Quote by AtticusNathy
Dont.

School of Rock styles, i like
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by rich420
They don't want you in the band, you probably suck or something and they've decided the band sounds better without you, i've been in bands that have had to kick people out for being shit, it's not fun but it has to be done, bad musicians like you should just stay out of bands.

**** i wish i had your kind of cold hearted bullshit.

you really sound like an ass man.

"talented musicians like you should just stay out of bands" your lucky this guy doesnt hunt you down and kick the **** out of you.

and to ts. you do get to read this (after the ban and all), they obviously dont want you in for a reason no one will know except them and a select few who they choose to tell.
In the end it doesnt matter, because if you have the dedication and will power, you will succeed in music and shred them apart.

good luck man, i hope it works out.