Hi all,

I am interested in buying a new electric guitar. I've short listed a couple of Jackson's- Jackson JS30RR Rhoads and Jackson JS1 Dinky JS series reverse headstock.

I was wondering if I could get any feedback on them? Would these be nice to buy?

Please suggest.
No Do Not
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
terrible guitars

at least get like an RX10D
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
Neither of them are "terrible" guitars, and they are in fact very nice for an entry level player. I believe dinky's are a bit overpriced, but that RR will run you your money worth. I also find V's more comfortable than round bodies, so it's easy for me to suggest you one. .
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
thats a bit of mixed reviews. See i'm just starting and i don't want to spend a fortune at this stage, u know.

I would be mainly playing metal/hardcore and that too just as a hobby not in a professional band.

Do u think the RR would be a decent guitar to start with?
I have a JS1, and it was my first guitar

I personally love it, the neck is awesome. Even after I got another guitar, I preferred playing it. Mine's the 1998 series though, I don't know how much the new ones have changed, but I think it's a really nice guitar.

but you might want to upgrade the pickups, the bridge pickup isn't too bad though.
Do you like Bagpipes?

Good for you

Quote by postmortem2006
Perfect metal stereotype;

If you have long hair, apparently your music goes RAGHHHHHRAGHRARGHRARGHHHHHHH.

JS30 Rhoads will definately be decent to start with, I hear where you're coming from you don't need to go out and buy a RR3 or whatever for your first guitar, a little extra cash for the RX10D might be worth it though
HI
Quote by matt360
terrible guitars

at least get like an RX10D

This guy has absolutely no idea what he's talking about. It's safe to not listen to him.

Only thing, be ready to restring them immediately because the ones they come with are so thin they're practically clear, yet, oddly enough, I haven't broken any of them yet.

Also, if you'd like to pay about $100 less than retail for one, see here: http://www.daddys.com/used/?gear=&department=5&q=jackson&sortp=pricelow

(If anyone buys that Warrior, I'll fight you.)
Last edited by Survivalism at Sep 27, 2008,