Thinking of getting a engl fireball atm.

First i was looking at a 1x12 engl cab, but its classed for 60w, which the fireball is, but would it be better with a 2x12 that can handle 120w for maby some future extra amp or upgrade?

Then i also noticed that the fireball head is around 70 cm in width and the 1x12 is only 58cm, so i cant place the head ontop of the cab Same with the 2x12 with the speaker ontop of each other, but the 2x12 version with the speakers next to each other is wide enough,

Is a 2x12 worth twice the price from a 1x12?

Whats the difference in sound of having the speakers ontop or next of eachother? Or with only having one ( if you know what i mean)

How do i mic a cab that have two speakers? Do i need two mics?

Im choosing this amp over a peavey 6505 because ive heard the engl is better for when im using it at my apartment ( doesnt need to be cranked to sound good)
That is true right?

Is there any cheaper cabs than the engls that will work just as fine?
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard