I'm currently in a two piece band, using a Boss RC-2 Loop Station as a backing, recording bass onto it (nd some guitars nd synth) and playing live guitar, drums and vocals..

Now, I belive the RC-2 only records for a maximum of 16 minutes! And we need to record entire songs onto it, cuz our song structures change from verse to chorus as you'd expect. Typical gig set lenght is 30 minutes, which means theres very little help that this Loop pedal will actually be, sadly...

Can anyone give me some help here? Whats a good way to get around this? (Bearing in mind we HAVE tried to get a basist and drummer in but there is NO-ONE around here who'll take it serious enough, and drummers are either absolute idiots, or they just **** off on us!!)

We're trying to fund studio costs too, funds are kinda tight, so we can't really afford to buy a new loop pedal at the moment either!

Any help!?!?!?
member number 14 of the UG John frusciante fan club

Founder of the 'the John Frusciante ****ing sucks!Club!" sucks, club!
laptop (or bring a regular PC if you can) + midi foot controller + ableton live?
depending on how much control you need over the thing

otherwise just record your backing tracks and put them on CD and have it
Quote by seljer
laptop (or bring a regular PC if you can) + midi foot controller + ableton live?
depending on how much control you need over the thing

otherwise just record your backing tracks and put them on CD and have it

This is what I'd do. If you end up recording a real CD and that, you're gonna have to hire people to get the real good sound (specially the drummer)
I use ableton. First I lay down a drum track (ableton has quite a good interface for this, nice and easy to make great drum tracks and edit them without needing a real one) then chards, then melody, then base...
With the extra equipment I can record two things at once onto different tracks
e.g vocals in one mic and guitar in an amp...
Your lucky you have another person, that will make it a lot easier
Buy two. I'm serious.
Quote by metal4all
Just, no. Locrian should be treated like that gay cousin. Just avoid him cuz he's weird, unstable, and is attracted to the wrong thing.

Quote by steven seagull
Big deal, I bought a hamster once and they put that in a box...doesn't make it a scale.
the easiest way to solve this would be to find another guitarist and a bassist
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
Or you could just go for a more Black Keys or White Stripes sound. Both those bands are just guitar drums and vocals.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}