Page 1 of 3
If you had the antidote in your hands to cure it, would you? (Eeek the antidote part sounds corny, but whatever).

Someone asked me that the other day, and I said yeah. Billions of dollars are wasted on cancer research and so many innocent people die from it.

But someone changed my mind about it kinda. But do people die so that other people can live? Does it sort of balance the world out? Are there criminals so there can be heroes? I know you can't like make everything perfect, or abolish all the things that tries to destroy humanity. But really, what would you do?
Wtf? What kind of question is this? There's no incentive to say "No". If you say "yes", you become one of the most important figures in modern history. If you say "No", you don't gain anything.
I can see no reason to not cure it. Of course i'd use the cure, the only reason not to is if you're a downright cunt like i imagine many of the posters in this thread will be
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
I wouldn't; it helps keep the populace in check, and even now it's still skyrocketing exponentially.

I would keep it and see if I could replicate it in case myself or someone I know ever gets it though.
I would. Cancer is a horrible thing to watch.
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Coke tastes like a can of smashed assholes, so yes there is a difference.

I am USUALLY the nicest one here.
Quote by Austiman
I would. Cancer is a horrible thing to watch.

+++++++++++1
Of course I would, it would be such a heartless thing not to cure it if you could.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
So many people die of cancer. It's something like 1 in 4 (and possibly set to rise). Of course I'd do it. You can't object to curing a disease on the off-chance that some of the people you save might be assholes.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I don't know, the world is awfully over-populated already. I won't become all sentimental and say yes as a knee-jerk response because people are dieing, human population is something we need to view as a whole.
of coure i wouldn't, have you not seen I Am Legend?
Sig space available, give me some praise
I would have a lab make coppies of it and then use it to cure cancer so lots of poeple can be cured :P
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Quote by Spamwise
Wtf? What kind of question is this? There's no incentive to say "No". If you say "yes", you become one of the most important figures in modern history. If you say "No", you don't gain anything.

I was just asking for a second opinion on it. Chillout?
I wouldn't; it helps keep the populace in check, and even now it's still skyrocketing exponentially. QUOTE]

Quote by Mudmen190
I don't know, the world is awfully over-populated already. I won't become all sentimental and say yes as a knee-jerk response because people are dieing, human population is something we need to view as a whole.

i'm with you guys, this world is horribly overpopulated and we do need something to help control it. even if it is the horribly slow death by cancer.

also, im a misanthropist so i wouldnt anyway. i'd destroy the antidote and let mankind die.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Last edited by thedudemeister at Sep 26, 2008,
No.
So so many people die from it, and it's a horrible thing, but it keeps the population down slightly and it's something natural that people die from. Solving it would cause our already sky-rocketing population to go insane.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by freedoms_stain
Watch someone die of cancer then answer the question.

The suffering is extreme.

This. I havent seen it happen but i can sort of imagine it.

If someone gave me the cure to alzheimers i could save grandma-ma, but not going to happen. But I would definitely say yes i would cure cancer (besides it might help you get babes (y))
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by boreamor
I'm sort of torn between my morals here. Yes, I want these people to live. But natural selection...

a disease isn't natural selection.
there is no difference cancer wise between me and you, yet one of use may die of cancer, while the other may never catch it, natural selection is adapions, not diseases.
Quote by guitarboy76
there is no difference cancer wise between me and you, yet one of use may die of cancer, while the other may never catch it, natural selection is adapions, not diseases.

A disease IS natural selection... We haven't grown a resistance to it. Therefore we haven't adapted to live with it.
Quote by boreamor
I'm sort of torn between my morals here. Yes, I want these people to live. But natural selection...
So we should stop using any medicines, fling off our clothes, abandon our cities and technology and go see how we fare in the woods?

Wait a minute, fuck that, natural selection gave me the intelligence to recognise a stupid statement when I see one.

Get my point?
No comments..

..yet i commented.. damn I gotta stop doing this!
( )( )
( . .)
C('')('')
This is bunny. copy/paste him into your signature
and help him on his quest to take over the world!
Quote by boreamor

If you cure it, there will be no need to filter out the genes which are susceptible to cancer, and considering you can have children before you get cancer, natural selection isn't going to eliminate it. Plus, people who are real assets to the human race can get cancer, so it doesn't seem a fair method of natural selection.

Even disregarding all this, talking about human lives in this context is disgusting. Natural selection is a heartless thing to apply to so many people.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by freedoms_stain
So we should stop using any medicines, fling off our clothes, abandon our cities and technology and go see how we fare in the woods?

Wait a minute, fuck that, natural selection gave me the intelligence to recognise a stupid statement when I see one.

Get my point?

Now this is where you use you dumbfounded intelligence to read my actual post. Remember the "I'm torn" bit?

Yeah, what you said in your post is why. Ignorant asshole.
Seriously, the people saying it keeps the population down, do you know how heartless that sounds? Sure, we need to face overpopulation, but people that people care about and love dying because you wouldn't cure cancer to keep the population down, that's cold.
Quote by guitarboy76

Yes it is, it means the body hasn't adapted to fight against the disease and so is too weak to live.

This eliminates the "weaker" genes and allows the stronger ones (people who recover from it) to survive and potentially pass on their genes to make the species stronger.

That's Natural Selection.
The cure for cancer is death (or possibly total isolation, but you'd need a vacuum and would die from lack of air, light, nutrition, etc.) Start the process...
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by EmilyTStrange
If you had the antidote in your hands to cure it, would you? (Eeek the antidote part sounds corny, but whatever).

Someone asked me that the other day, and I said yeah. Billions of dollars are wasted on cancer research and so many innocent people die from it.

But someone changed my mind about it kinda. But do people die so that other people can live? Does it sort of balance the world out? Are there criminals so there can be heroes? I know you can't like make everything perfect, or abolish all the things that tries to destroy humanity. But really, what would you do?

You've obviously never watched a loved one die from cancer, fool.

Yes, anyone would cure it.
Quote by lordofthefood1
The cure for cancer is death (or possibly total isolation, but you'd need a vacuum and would die from lack of air, light, nutrition, etc.) Start the process...

What would total isolation do? You'd only kill the person.
Quote by boreamor
Now this is where you use you dumbfounded intelligence to read my actual post. Remember the "I'm torn" bit?

Yeah, what you said in your post is why. Ignorant asshole.
My point, senor asshole is that natural selection gave us the intelligence to combat disease in ways other than letting our immune systems tough it out. Thus using our brains to cure cancer IS NATURAL SELECTION.

Well done on missing my point though. I see natural selection has not been kind.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Seriously, the people saying it keeps the population down, do you know how heartless that sounds? Sure, we need to face overpopulation, but people that people care about and love dying because you wouldn't cure cancer to keep the population down, that's cold.

Life is cold. Get used to it.
Quote by break-me-in
If you cure it, there will be no need to filter out the genes which are susceptible to cancer, and considering you can have children before you get cancer, natural selection isn't going to eliminate it. Plus, people who are real assets to the human race can get cancer, so it doesn't seem a fair method of natural selection.

Even disregarding all this, talking about human lives in this context is disgusting. Natural selection is a heartless thing to apply to so many people.

What makes a human life more valuable than any other species' life in your opinion?
Quote by freedoms_stain
My point, senor asshole is that natural selection gave us the intelligence to combat disease in ways other than letting our immune systems tough it out. Thus using our brains to cure cancer IS NATURAL SELECTION.

Well done on missing my pint though. I see natural selection has not been kind.

*applauds*
Quote by Mudmen190
Life is cold. Get used to it.

It doesn't have to be, its what you make of it. If you love and care about people, people will love and care about you in turn.
Quote by StreetLight3989
It doesn't have to be, its what you make of it. If you love and care about people, people will love and care about you in turn.

We're born to die. The rest is filler.
Quote by freedoms_stain

Well done on missing my pint though. I see natural selection has not been kind.

There's no "fixed" cure for cancer yet. Sure, we have chemotherapy but that's very dangerous and isn't certain to work.

So where's this cure that our intelligent brains have concocted?

Y'know what? Nevermind. I've had this philosophical debate with myself for many months and someone like you certain are not going to change my mind. Yes, if I had a close friend/relative dying of it I would probably change my mind. As would anyone with a similar view to mine. My point is that the world is getting overpopulated, we're not evolving anymore because we can't adapt (Imo. I think I heard this somewhere. A theory.)

So get off your high horse. This is an opinion. Despise me if you want, you don't know me at all. All you know is that I don't know what the hell I would do with it.
Quote by Mudmen190
We're born to die. The rest is filler.

Why would you go through life with that attitude? I can't imagine having a happy life with that attitude, human lives mean a ton to me. Something like keeping population down would never stop me from curing cancer and stopping all that suffering.
Page 1 of 3