Quote by stratdud39
i dont really know, but probably ernie balls, thats what most of them use, i dont know why though, because i hate them.

because your opinion rules the world.

and yeah he does.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by l3p4rd
because your opinion rules the world.

and yeah he does.

I want to know what gauge he uses.
.10 i think, but this is going off the basis that he uses the same gauge that's on his sig guitar.
Peavey 6505+
Gretsch G5120
It doesn't matter, gauge is a personal thing and all depends on the feel you're looking for. Gauge doesn't have that much effect on the tone. He probably uses 10s or 11s on his les paul since that's pretty much average for a short scale guitar.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
It doesn't matter, gauge is a personal thing and all depends on the feel you're looking for. Gauge doesn't have that much effect on the tone. He probably uses 10s or 11s on his les paul since that's pretty much average for a short scale guitar.

Yeah it's true, figured I'd answer his question anyways.
Peavey 6505+
Gretsch G5120
Thanks because I need to replace my strings all but the 1st string have been on there since I got my gutiar.
Quote by TheKingofGuitar
Thanks because I need to replace my strings all but the 1st string have been on there since I got my gutiar.

Do you have a signature model or something? Why are you looking to replace them based on what Joe Perry uses?
No I was just wondering because i Just want to spice things up on my guitar and my guitar is just a regular old Ibanez that I got from a shred hed jumstart pack.
Quote by TheKingofGuitar
No I was just wondering because i Just want to spice things up on my guitar and my guitar is just a regular old Ibanez that I got from a shred hed jumstart pack.

That's cool, I was just wondering what the motivations are. Strings aren't really going to make a huge difference for you in terms of getting a tone like the pros. Although new strings are going to sound better than old worn out ones!

The best thing you could do to really improve your sound would be to replace the starter amp, but obviously that's a much bigger investment than strings.
I plan on replacing my amp in a couple of months and the reason is Joe Perry is was my inspiration to start playing guitar.
Quote by TheKingofGuitar
I plan on replacing my amp in a couple of months and the reason is Joe Perry is was my inspiration to start playing guitar.

Right on man. Joe Perry is a sick guitarist. I change strings all the time, even when I don't need to. I enjoy changing them and I enjoy the sound and feel of new strings. It's a nice cheap way to do something for your guitar. It will also make you want to pick it up and play.

One thing you should try if you don't already is get a simple rag you can keep with your guitar and wipe down the strings whenever you're done playing. The moisture/oil/acid in your hands is what rusts the strings and dulls them out for the most part. So if you wipe them down they will stay "like new" longer.

Have fun!

-J