Poll: Good subject starter ?
Poll Options
View poll results: Good subject starter ?
New amp ?
33 89%
New tube pedal ?
4 11%
Voters: 37.
OK I have this need to place something bluesy but don't have a tube amp I have my srv
fender strat outfitted with over wound pickup coils , but don't have a fender blues junior . What can I do someone told me a tub amp pedal like Boss TC-10 . Any suggestions ? Mudd
A tube pedal wont make a ss amp sound like a tube amp. There ment to be used on tube amps.
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
Yeah, I looked into this too, there is really no way around it...

I gotta get some cash together for a good tube amp.
Try a Boss Blues Driver. Tube pedals might help, but wont do the job all the way.
I think thats what overdrive is for
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Quote by Oujou
I think tubes are overrated.

I don`t, justify your point?
Rig:
MIM Fender Strat

Vox V847A Wah
Dunlop JH-F1 Fuzz Face
Boss DS-1
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 x2!!!
Boss Passive A/B Box
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss Volume Pedal

Marshall 4203 Artist 30Watt Tube
Epiphone Electar Tube 30
Quote by XianXiuHong
He likes MGs

To TS: if you want a good tube sound, a Tech 21 Sansamp GT2 Tube Amp emulator would be good. But they're mean to be put directly in front of a power amp... like a PA system. It's basically like a substitute for an amp.
I'm getting one after Xmas to put through the FX loop on my VK.

But that pedal is $189USD, which is pointless b/c you could easily save a hundred more and get a used Valveking...

i voted new amp.
O O

___
To get tube tone you need a tube amp; simple as that really. As a cheaper alternative you could try a hybrid amp like the Vox Valvetronix or get a multi fx unit like the Tonelab etc. The only trouble with that is that they don't work well with guitar amps so you'd need to play it through PA speakers. Mind you, some of these things through PA speakers can sound quite convincing. Most people judge them on their performance through a guitar amp and they were never designed to be used that way.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Get a tube amp, I'd say.
The pedals sound good, but they only really sound good through a tube amp.
Just grab yourself a small tube combo and if you have some extra cash, something like a Boss Blues Driver, a Digitech Bad Monkey, or an Ibanez Tube Screamer.
Member of the Laney Cult
Get a good 5W tube amp (Valveking Royal and Blackhearts come to mind) instead of a pedal.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Quote by XianXiuHong
He likes MGs

Ok guys gals what ever why are MFC talking about blip and blips ?
keep it clean stick to subject . Mudd n WTF are MG's ?
Quote by Doadman
To get tube tone you need a tube amp; simple as that really. As a cheaper alternative you could try a hybrid amp like the Vox Valvetronix or get a multi fx unit like the Tonelab etc. The only trouble with that is that they don't work well with guitar amps so you'd need to play it through PA speakers. Mind you, some of these things through PA speakers can sound quite convincing. Most people judge them on their performance through a guitar amp and they were never designed to be used that way.

Ok Cool , I have so far in gear
A Pa type Kustom MFM head and Kustom speakers
Fender Frontman 50w
Washburn 15 w amp
and a Peavy 20 watt amp
3 fenders stratocasters witt different set ups .