hi everyone. even though i havnt had a functional band yet, i dont care! i have decided that if i ever make it into the music buisness (which i know is sooo extremely terribly extremely hard, but this is just "if")i want to be a solo guitarist, not really like satch or vai. I want a vocalist but ONLY with my lyrics, and i will write what the others do too. I will play keyboards and guitar. But as of now (since im not even nearly one percent close to getting to professional skill) i have decided i will probably buy some sort of backing track thingy that i can make my own backing track on my garageband program on my comp. and i will play an instrumental whenever performing. I might make a cover band (like a lot of people) eventually, but the thing is i only want to play music that i would be proud to play. so basically i would probably be the first (sober person) kicked out of whatever band i'll be in. Basically im just rambling, so i'll get to the point. Anybody else a greedy musician and how?
So, you want to be Noel Gallagher?
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by lolcats
How is that greedy?

i dont give a crap about others musical needs... not really... but i want my band to be MY band. i want it all! mwahahahahahahha.... i want my singer not to be worth shit!

but it kinda contridicts that i actually WANT a singer... thats weird... well lets just say im greedy. are any of you?!?
anyone notice how ppl who DONT agree with me post... why does that happen... ppl just humor me im very bored and i feel like hearing other ppl who want the glory...
Quote by 5150rando
i dont give a crap about others musical needs... not really... but i want my band to be MY band. i want it all! mwahahahahahahha.... i want my singer not to be worth shit!

but it kinda contridicts that i actually WANT a singer... thats weird... well lets just say im greedy. are any of you?!?

That's still not greedy.

Most bands aren't democratic.

Thom Yorke in Radiohead said that they're like the UN, and he is the United States.

Stop attention seeking.
Quote by NothingButRock
How is that greed? Just seems like your attention seeking to me.

sure... true... sobs....
That's not greed, that's selfish, stupid, CONTROLLING, self-centered, stubborn.and obviously showing you do not have what it takes in any way, shape, or form to make it into the music biz, because you show no willingness of self-sacrifice or goal-orientated objectives. Also, you're just acting plain silly.
maybe i should abandon this thread before it becomes a sinking ship... to many haters on today!
Musicians like that are the ones that no one likes and aren't going to get much calls.
Playing with other musicians is what helps you progress as a musician to reach the professional level you speak of. Cutting other musicians out completely won't get you anywhere.

Both Satch and Vai were in many bands before they ever truly hit the "big-time" with their solo work.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
hey man i know how u feel.i've ben traying to make a band too .

KEEP ON ROCKIN MAN