If it is ok with the Mods, I would like to make a thread where we can discuss tonight's debate. If you guys really feel this belongs in the Politics Thread, let me know and I will delete it. It seems like this is such a specific and important subject that it merits its own thread.

Anyway. 35 mins and counting.

Any thoughts or opinions going into this? Who is going to watch it?
Any bets as to who comes out the victor?
Wait, is McCain even showing up to this one? I've been living under a rock since last night's Daily Show...
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Simply because I could breed the pokemon, and act out my sick sexual fantasies between Dittos and Chanseys.

Quote by bequickorbedead
She had sex..with my...AIDS?
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by moodster
Wait, is McCain even showing up to this one? I've been living under a rock since last night's Daily Show...

god i hope you dont turn to the daily show for political information.

i'll be watching for an hour or so probably. 9pm est?
Quote by chris024
god i hope you dont turn to the daily show for political information.

i'll be watching for an hour or so probably. 9pm est?

Yes sir. Approx. 29 mins from right meow.
i dont have a problem with a thread for tonight's debate. if another mod feels it should be closed though, go ahead and close it.

try to keep the discussion on the topic of the debate though. if it gets significantly off topic, i'll close it.
I had this idea but I assumed it would be closed...

Anyways I have it on CNN right now (shudders) and yes McCaine is gonna show, and yes I'm going to watch it, and yes I'll probably be disappointed.
Quote by tona_107
I had this idea but I assumed it would be closed...

Anyways I have it on CNN right now (shudders) and yes McCaine is gonna show, and yes I'm going to watch it, and yes I'll probably be disappointed.

I am trying to stay as impartial as I can. I really just want to hear what they both have to say.

I hope their is no pussy-dancing around difficult questions. I know that it is a lot to ask from a politician but I would really like some straight-foward answers to the questions being asked.
ill have to watch it
im supposed to develop an idea of what candidate id want to win, as part of a project my "world cultures" class is doing
i think obama will at least appear to beat mccain in the debate because hes an extremely good public speaker and a charismatic person, hell thats how he got the nomination
Quote by altoidwithmelon
You dont lose your virginity, you voluntarily misplace it.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
You should bottle up all of your emotions till they become a problem that requires professional help.
It's good for the economy.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/rabidpitweasels/
im interested to see their economic policies since honestly i dont think they are gonna be able to do too much one way or the other in the whole war dept. obama will be less aggressive, but not much. whoever wins isnt the only one who makes these decissions. but this election, i want someone who can get our economy back on track. get the housing market back up so the gov't can sell back the securities they are buying to keep us floating at the moment. also i want to hear about their plan for oil. ive got a few things i'd like to hear, we'll see who says what.

this is my 2nd election i can vote in, and honestly, my single vote wont matter, but it gives me a right to comment on who gets elected and what they do.

economy is the biggest issue, and i honestly dont know either of their plans.
Quote by Seryaph
I am trying to stay as impartial as I can. I really just want to hear what they both have to say.

I hope their is no pussy-dancing around difficult questions. I know that it is a lot to ask from a politician but I would really like some straight-foward answers to the questions being asked.

For sure brother, but you know that's all there will be. I was watching the pre-game special (hahaha) and the CNN reporter was like, "This is a direct quote from one of McCaine's aides 'By no means is John McCaine a strong debater' " or something to that effect.
Anyways, I thought that was a little fucking silly to tell you the truth. Isn't debating like, half of his job, how the hell did he become a politician.
I'm not American so I don't get to vote but, I'm still interested to see what they bring to the table and I still want to be convinced of one of them even if I don't get to take a part in making the decision.
Let the games begin . . .

EDIT:

What the **** is that audience reaction thing on CNN at the bottom of the screen?
Last edited by Seryaph at Sep 26, 2008,