okay.. so they have some cabinets I've seen alot that have like a Z-type thing with a line going up and down the whole amp on them..

here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fEqy49_IE4

at around 52 seconds until the end you can see it in the back in the middle.

my friend has been trying to figure out what they are so I decided I'd post here.

so yeahh, does anyone know what it is?
probably a Mesa or Diezel cab that's either got a spray-painted front, or it's custom done.
Not sure on the make of the cab. Metallica uses the Vintage 30 speaker. Thats more purdent to the tone. They have they're own custom graphic they put on their 4x12's
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
yeah. I know they usually play with mesas and sometimes diezels but I have no idea what that thing is.
Sorry for the ignorance but i'm new to electric guitaring n stuff.

Can anyone tell me whats the difference between an amp, head and cabinet? I mean what are there individual use?
the head is a pre amp and power amp, cab is just speakers...amp is the pre amp/power map
They use traditional size Mesa 4x12's.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Ghold125
the head is a pre amp and power amp, cab is just speakers...amp is the pre amp/power map

So does the guitar connect to the head/amp and then that connects to the cabinet?
The ones with the M's painted on them are Marshalls. On stage they're all dummies though. The cabs they use are Mesa.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by TechnicolorType
okay.. so they have some cabinets I've seen alot that have like a Z-type thing with a line going up and down the whole amp on them..

here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fEqy49_IE4

at around 52 seconds until the end you can see it in the back in the middle.

my friend has been trying to figure out what they are so I decided I'd post here.

so yeahh, does anyone know what it is?

The "Z-type thing" is the letter "M" of a spray-painted Metallica logo
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com