a freind of myn was doing somthing and wanted me to create a guitar part that sounded mid-evil and stuff cuz of the play she is doing. all i can think of is what those trumpets play and i was thinking that i would need to harmanize and stuff. wich most likely is what is going to happen anyways. she said its gonna be hard rock - metalcore influence (exactly what i specialize in). of course it would have that chorus sound where you hear the nice midy popy, powerchords with a few grace notes with a melodic flavor overhead.

any suggestions?
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
GAS list...
Mesa roadster with 2/12 recto cab
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
Quote by xFinnellx
a freind of myn was doing somthing and wanted me to create a guitar part that sounded mid-evil and stuff cuz of the play she is doing. all i can think of is what those trumpets play and i was thinking that i would need to harmanize and stuff. wich most likely is what is going to happen anyways. she said its gonna be hard rock - metalcore influence (exactly what i specialize in). of course it would have that chorus sound where you hear the nice midy popy, powerchords with a few grace notes with a melodic flavor overhead.

any suggestions?

what?
what is your question?
lol
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Quote by musicTHEORYnerd
what?
what is your question?
lol

HAHA
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
Quote by one vision
Harmonic minor is pretty medival.

Also, to me, perfect fourths sound very medival. That's how I do my ear training. Medival = perfect fourth.

Anyways, try doing something with fourths.

solid fourths? isnt that a little dissonant tho?
GAS list...
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
Quote by musicTHEORYnerd
what?
what is your question?
lol

dude, did you just like click on a random thread (my thread) without reading the title or something?
GAS list...
PGM 301
Quote by xFinnellx
dude, did you just like click on a random thread (my thread) without reading the title or something?

no i didnt click on a random thread.
the title is the question, but the body is random information
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Quote by musicTHEORYnerd
no i didnt click on a random thread.
the title is the question, but the body is random information

not really, it describes how i got in the situation that led me to think of this and then i described how im going to use the scale
GAS list...
PGM 301
Quote by xFinnellx
not really, it describes how i got in the situation that led me to think of this and then i described how im going to use the scale

ok whatever
lol i dont feel like argueing
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Can someone...add grammar, please? I didn't understand a word of that.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
^ he wants to get medieval on your ass in a hard rock/metalcore song and thinks a scale will help.

Quote by One Vision
Harmonic minor is pretty medival.

harmonic minor really is the answer to every scale question isn't it? lol
Quote by The4thHorsemen
harmonic minor really is the answer to every scale question isn't it? lol

Yes. Yes it is.

Harmonic Minor + Proper Phrasing will get you any sound you want, TS.
scarborough fair is in dorian so check that out raise the sevens on any minor mode and you'll be sweet