Would it hurt my guitar any to replace the E string with a G string from my bass? I need a little thicker gauge and it looks about right.....what would it do?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by coquet
Yes, your font color is bad.

thank you.....read my sig....
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Your neck will probably warp over time if it isn't the correct gauge. Get your neck adjusted for a higher string gauge and buy a new set of strings in the gauge you want to play.
Quote by HighPotency
Yeah i'd say just get a new string.

Yeh i think i am tomorrow i was just wondering if i could do it for tonight....
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
"plum", "pink", "im gay", "look! i need some attention before i cut my wrists", whatever you want to call it; its still a pain in the ass to read.

edit: i forgot. it depends on the gauge. just get a new string. if the gauge isnt right you could have intonation problems. also, a new string will sound better than an odl one.

unless you are buying a new bass G string to replace your guitar E string, wich would be... impractical.
Quote by SmashandBurn
Teacher: "There will be a test tomorrow no exceptions."

Student: "What about complete and utter sexual exhaustion?"

Teacher: "You'll just have to write with your other hand."

Quote by imdeth
Lesbian Link ladies. Oh yes.
Last edited by 5th_fret at Sep 26, 2008,
Quote by 5th_fret
"plum", "pink", "im gay", "look! i need some attention before i cut my wrists", whatever you want to call it; its still a pain in the ass to read.

nice......If i thought you might listen id tell you to use black......

Quote by 5th_fret

edit: i forgot. it depends on the gauge. just get a new string. if the gauge isnt right you could have intonation problems. also, a new string will sound better than an odl one.

unless you are buying a new bass G string to replace your guitar E string, wich would be... impractical.

Its just a bass string i have left over...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
slightly heavier, could also break the nut. i've seen it many times, just this week as a matter of fact.

and if you want help in the instrument sections at least use a color everyone can read.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011