I've been thinking of getting my second electric guitar because I really need it (I use to work with Scordaturas, but not always. But then I need, as minimum, 2 guitars tuned in 2 different ways). So, I've analized and I decided to try to get an Epiphone Dot or an Epiphone Sheraton II, and/or this kind of Eastwood Stormbird. My current electric is a Squier Strat, very cheap althoght it has been pretty usefull.

The thing is, I've been playing electric during about 1 and a half year. Am I ready for a second guitar?. I use to play basically Alternative Rock/Indie Rock (The Vines, Nirvana, Kings of Leon, Foo Fighters, Weezer, Manic Street Preachers, BRMC, Box Car Racer, Jet, The Redwalls, Pearl Jam, Mudhoney, The White Stripes, The Subways, Sonic Youth, etc) and a little of Vintage/Old stuff (mainly Black Sabbath, Metallica, Neil Young, Cream, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Deep Purple, etc).

Tell me if those guitar would work for my "style".

Thanks.
Last edited by garage_kid at Sep 27, 2008,
If you can save some more cash, this is the way to go

I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by HighPotency
What amp are you using?

I'm using this little Laney LX12. Not very "monstrous" since it's the one I've been using since I started.
I'm gonna suggest NOT a hollowbody... they aren't good with gain.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
I'm gonna suggest NOT a hollowbody... they aren't good with gain.

Don't you feel offended, but can I know why they aren't?
Quote by garage_kid
Don't you feel offended, but can I know why they aren't?

For the music you're playing you'll be fine though, Worse comes to worse, get a noise suppressor.

Both the epiphones are good players, never played the 3rd guitar. Check them out at your local store, also check out some Ibanez Artcores.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120