Page 1 of 2
I build whole guitars too, but I need some money and have some templates coming for telecaster and stratocaster guitars and figured I could try to sell some custom strat and tele bodies too. I can get them made out of any wood pretty much. I would beat warmoth prices. $150 for a strat body and $125 for a telecaster body. It would be less if you want a wood like poplar. I could get them clear finished too for an extra $50.
+1 to ur sig

i lol'd for like 10 minutes
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
If I wanted a strat body that was the same as any other strat body, but rear-routed, and routed for two humbuckers and a switch (no jack or rear tremolo pocket rout), a neck pocket, bridge rout being for a tune-o-matic and string-throughs, and the wood being mahogany with a flame maple top, how much would you charge me? Just an idea, I don't really plan, but if prices are reasonable, I might...
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Quote by asfastasdark
If I wanted a strat body that was the same as any other strat body, but rear-routed, and routed for two humbuckers and a switch (no jack or rear tremolo pocket rout), a neck pocket, bridge rout being for a tune-o-matic and string-throughs, and the wood being mahogany with a flame maple top, how much would you charge me? Just an idea, I don't really plan, but if prices are reasonable, I might...

Something like that would be about $230 mostly because of the price of flamed maple.
Hm... Not bad, not bad at all, I have to say.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
any pics of some of your work?
Join the Palomino Players Guild!
Guitars:
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR (18v mod; Big Block, D-Tuna)
1975 Les Paul Custom replica

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
B-52 AT 212 - might sell this
Palomino V16...dead
Could you make a body for a strat out of snakewood? with a full size bridge pickup and have it set up for a FR on it.
Maybe a Bridge pickup hole too..?
if not snakewood then Ebony, BLACKWOOD-AFRICAN
Quote by Darkice
Maybe a Bridge pickup hole too..?
if not snakewood then Ebony, BLACKWOOD-AFRICAN

The body would be well over $500 for all of those.
Quote by Darkice
but you could make it out of snakewood and stain it and shine it?

Yeah, I guess I could it's really expensive wood though and I'm out alot of money if the router messes up somewhere so I'm not sure.
hmm you might not be able to make it out f snakewood thats my favorite wood in the word no joke.
Quote by Darkice
hmm you might not be able to make it out f snakewood thats my favorite wood in the word no joke.

I might be able to get a veneer
Quote by Darkice
sorry to be so dumb but what is that?

like a fake top?

It's a really thin piece of wood glued to the top so it's a real top.
I don't think you can even stain snakewood. I have never seen a piece even big enough to make a 3 piece body out of either. That stuff is really expensive.

But I would suggest putting some body pictures up here now, so we can see what you can do.

Can you do carved top guitars?

If you want to sell this, you really need to put some solid pictures up of unfinished guitars.
snakewood is finished in a wax then sealed so yeah its not staining but just like it.
and what wood would you use under it if you used a veneer.
Quote by Darkice
snakewood is finished in a wax then sealed so yeah its not staining but just like it.
and what wood would you use under it if you used a veneer.

The wood would be whatever you want but I tried to google snakewood veneer and didn't find any pieces big enough for a guitar
Quote by ohspyro89
I don't think you can even stain snakewood. I have never seen a piece even big enough to make a 3 piece body out of either. That stuff is really expensive.

But I would suggest putting some body pictures up here now, so we can see what you can do.

Can you do carved top guitars?

If you want to sell this, you really need to put some solid pictures up of unfinished guitars.

I can do carved top guitars , there's some pics of guitars in the thread I posted. Hopefully soon I'll have made some more bodies and guitars and will be able to post a bunch of pictures.
* Modern Eagle grade curly maple top with mahogany back
* High gloss nitro finish
Quote by Darkice
When do you think you could do a nitro finish?

Years from now when I can set up a spray booth that you can spray flammable materials in or I find someone who can spray it for me.
Can you put a volume knob on my guitar that goes up to 11?
I am starting a body and neck now but would start another one along with it since he wants me to take my time. I am also willing to do trades/partial trades for 3 to a side tuners and 3 single coil pickups.
If anyone starts talking to me about making them a guitar body or neck or anything tonight or tomorrow I'll take $10 off.
I would do a partial trade for a p-90 bridge pickup and middle and neck single coils
Page 1 of 2