So i'm thinking of going to the Iridium here in NYC to see Les Paul perform and then have him sign the headstock of my Epi LP Custom.

What do you guys think? Good idea or bad idea? Any chance the value might appreciate? :P

Tell me what u guys think.
Quote by Captain Insano
Value wise I don't think it will do much. If he really means that much to you, I say go for it.

Unless you're just doing it to say "l0lz, les pul signd my les paul!!!!1". Then don't.
Sounds good, sure do it, I mean it's a les paul guitar and you're getting it signed by Les Paul, I can't see the value depreciating at all.
Quote by lolcats
Unless you're just doing it to say "l0lz, les pul signd my les paul!!!!1". Then don't.

lmao

+1
considering Les Paul is the guy who created the Les Paul shape, and...what ever else he did, AND considering he's ripe old, i do think its a good idea. i wouldnt have hiim sign the headstock. thats kinda stupid since his signature is already on there, get him to sign the body, maybe under the bridge
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
why would it depreciate?!? anything that man touches turns to gold as far as i'm concerned
That would only make it more valuable. To yourself, if not money-wise. Imagine what it'll be worth in fifty years. It'd be like... owning a Selmer Modèle Jazz signed by Django Reinhardt or something like that.

If you want it, go for it.
just have him trace over the existing sig, everyone will believe you seriously though, i agree with bjovi400, the headstock is not such a great place for it. just be careful with your sweat...

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
just be careful with your sweat...

No, just don't ever play it again. Buy a new guitar, put the old one in a glass case and don't let anyone even point at it let alone touch it.
lolol, thanks for the input guys :P

well, in response- i'm not getting it to say 'LOLS I GOT LES PAULS SIG' =P
and as far as the headstock idea, i was thinking of getting it on the back of the headstock..

but maybe somewhere on the body might be wise also.
i'ma do it though

so i guess the question now is, back of the headstock or back of the body or where?
not on the back. you want it on the front somewhere, NOT ON THE HEADSTOCK. that would be just plain stupid since it is Les Paul signing it. Have him sign it right under the bridge piece or take off that pickguard (i just hate pickguards on LP's lol) and have him sign under it

edit: and dont play it ever again
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Sounds like a pretty cool idea.

I'd probably ask him to sign it under the bridge, but then I'm not sure I'd ever play it again
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
if he sigms the back of the pickgaurd it easy to give to him and it cant hurt the value and when he dies it will increase the value
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!