An EXCELLENT band I recently acquired. They are, basically, a mix of elements of progressive metal, progressive rock, melodic death metal, doom metal, and black metal.

In other words, they sound very much akin to Agalloch, early Opeth, and Katatonia. They have two releases, a demo called Cold Endless Winter and a full length called "A Silent Nowhere." Both of them are excellent, but CEW has three of the most moving songs I've ever heard. Shame it's only a 14 minute demo.

Anyways, myspacez: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=93290202

NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE THRASH BAND FROM Umeå.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I'm not usually that into progressive music but these guys sound really good. I especially find the vocals to be of interest.
I guess it's because they're like Agalloch, leaning in the doom and black sides so it's a bit more tolerable

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Nice find Slay. This is some good stuff.

*Runs to get A Silent Nowhere from iTunes*
I heard of these guys a while back and downloaded their stuff from myspace.

They get a pretty big meh from me. I haven't found anything special about them and they don't seem...progressive enough to warrant any further attention.

They aren't bad, but they aren't...good either.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
The opening riff to The Mist and the Ocean reminds me of an Opeth song, I just cant remember which one.
Bumping, been trying to decide which is better.

The Cold Endless Winter Demo or A Silent Nowhere? I've been thinking ASN lately, as 3:01 onwards in "To End the Misery" is filled with massive amounts of .

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by GBcommander
The opening riff to The Mist and the Ocean reminds me of an Opeth song, I just cant remember which one.

Wreath, I think. The riff that starts at 1:47.