I was interested in buying the schecter hellraiser FR, then discovered the avenger model of what is basically the same guitar. The thing looks beastly and I really want to buy it, but I have never purchased a guitar online before.
http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/Schecter-DCGL-Exclusive-Model-DIAMOND-SERIES-HELLRAISER-Avenger-FR-Black-Cherry-6-String-Electric-Guitar-P2001C286.aspx
That is where i found the guitar, can I trust this website? Also, how do they ship a guitar? All of mine were floor models from guitar, so I have no idea how it would arrive. I also need a guitar case, but I don't know if they sell cases at that store or not, I couldn't find any, or am I not looking hard enough?
That guitar is real nice, i got the C-1 Hellraiser FR instead though, you can trust it cuz of that thing on left hand side that says "godaddy locked" or something, now jugding by its shape and the cost, they're going to send it in a hardshell case.
no idea about the site, the only ones ive ever heard of that i can give my view as being reliable are guitarcenter and musiciansfriend. only reason i dont recommend getting them online is because if something is wrong with it (bad pickups, broken tuners, etc.) then it is most likely a bitch to get replaced, whereas if you pick it up from a store, you can see exactly how it is before you purchase it, and can readily take it back for repairs or whatnot.

on another note, i have the reg. hellraiser and that thing is a tank for metal. not sure what kinda music u play, but if ur goin for the hellraiser imma assume metal for the most part. getting some thicker strings than the stock 9 or 10s that come with it make it sound better as well.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
I have the black hellraiser avenger and i love it. But pick that one up you see there. the one's with floyd rose's are prototypes i believe, i've never seen one in person before and there not listed on the website. that's an amazing deal for one.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by shadowsoldier08
no idea about the site, the only ones ive ever heard of that i can give my view as being reliable are guitarcenter and musiciansfriend. only reason i dont recommend getting them online is because if something is wrong with it (bad pickups, broken tuners, etc.) then it is most likely a bitch to get replaced, whereas if you pick it up from a store, you can see exactly how it is before you purchase it, and can readily take it back for repairs or whatnot.

on another note, i have the reg. hellraiser and that thing is a tank for metal. not sure what kinda music u play, but if ur goin for the hellraiser imma assume metal for the most part. getting some thicker strings than the stock 9 or 10s that come with it make it sound better as well.

Yeah I would always get my gear at a walk in store rather than buying online. Unfortunately this particular avenger model is hard to find and the major online websites only carry the synyster gates, non floyd-rose, or black colored versions of the guitar, all of which I don't really like.
Theres also a guitar repair shop nearby so I can take it there if I have any troubles.
Also, ive been wondering, what are these schecter prototypes anyways? I havent seen them anywhere on the schecter website, and any google searches point me to drumcityguitarland. Are they custom made at only this shop or what? Well I took a look at their other guitars and it looks like a lot of them I would never see at a major retailer like guitarcenter or sam ash.
Drumcityguitarland is one of Schecter's bigger, premiere dealers. They actually get quite a few custom Schecters and models you won't find anywhere else including getting their hands on prototypes which have ended up becoming next year's Schecter models. They're the first place I've ever seen a white Hellraiser (prototype) before they were finally officially released. I've never ordered from them myself, but I've heard nothing but good stories in regards to getting stuff from them from other people.

If I had to get a guitar without being able to try it first hand, I'd trust 'em.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I know there not on the website, I think someone at drumcityguitarland has some connections. Maybe they give them to certain retailers that they have a good relationship with. Reason I like my black one is i got it for 380 bucks

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by JessicaGonzo
Are Schecter necks thin?

Not necessarily. Although I tend to think people blow them out of proportion (OMG THEY'RE HUGE), I find them to be quite comfortable. Thinner then most Gibson/Epi LP necks, yet thicker than Ibanez wizards. Most people seem to regard them as pretty much falling in between the two.

Best thing to do is simply try one. Most Schecter necks are similar in regards to other Schecters. So if you like the Hellraiser neck, you'll be perfectly at home with a Blackjack neck, etc.
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I ordered my C-7 Hellraiser FR prototype from DCGL, and it kicks ass. Jason is a great guy to deal with, and they have a great selection of Schecters. Some like the proto's and USA custom shop models are one of a kind. The setup was near perfect on my prototype, all kinds of extras and goodies thrown into the case, very well packed, fast shipping, just a pleasant all around experience. Their guitars are absolutely mint too, it's been one of my best playing guitars, and I haven't changed a thing from their initial setup. Very rare for me. I can definitely give them a thumbs up.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
I ordered my C-7 Hellraiser FR prototype from DCGL, and it kicks ass. Jason is a great guy to deal with, and they have a great selection of Schecters. Some like the proto's and USA custom shop models are one of a kind. The setup was near perfect on my prototype, all kinds of extras and goodies thrown into the case, very well packed, fast shipping, just a pleasant all around experience. Their guitars are absolutely mint too, it's been one of my best playing guitars, and I haven't changed a thing from their initial setup. Very rare for me. I can definitely give them a thumbs up.

Thanks a lot Erock.... *grabs a tissue to wipe off his screen*

That's sexy....
Quote by Erock503

So the guitar arrived in a hard shell case? Is that an extra payment or does it come like that shipped?
Quote by Hakael
Thanks a lot Erock.... *grabs a tissue to wipe off his screen*

That's sexy....

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Thean4rchist
So the guitar arrived in a hard shell case? Is that an extra payment or does it come like that shipped?

sorry, didn't see this before, all the Schecters come without a case from the factory. Mine came with the case, but it was a special sale on the prototype.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by JessicaGonzo
Are Schecter necks thin?

I tried a few of them at the store and they all feel quite chunky. Chunky in a very good way. Most of ibanez neck are just ridiculous thin anyway imo.

899 is a bit overpriced for that guitar. They should be around 850 buck.

You can get Schecter guitar with case from a few online stores.
My personal favorite is proguitarshop. They have an ebay shop and is offering free case with a Hellraiser or Hellraiser Sunset. Might worth asking them if they can get a Avenger model in and offer the same deal.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Sep 27, 2008,