I always have really weird dreams, and at least one person always dies in them, without fail. Sometimes it's me, sometimes it's other people, sometimes I'm killing other people, whatever. I don't consider myself an angry person or anything, but whatever; that's kind of beside the point. I have never gone to sleep listening to music, since I prefer silence and the sound of my fan, but I think I'm going to try listening to some Ulver tonight, and see how it works. I was just wondering if listening to really calm, ambient music like that would help me sleep better and not have a bunch of messed up dreams?

If it was just everyone once in a while, it wouldn't be a big deal, but I have at least one dream every night, so it gets old.
It may do, but I wouldn't recommend sleeping with headphones.

Unless you enjoy choking.
Depends on the person. I personally can't sleep with music on, no matter how quiet and relaxing it is. Other people fall asleep really easily with it.
Quote by lolcats
It may do, but I wouldn't recommend sleeping with headphones.

Unless you enjoy choking.

You've choked on your headphones before?
its off and on for me. sometimes I love my music blaring and sleep like a baby, and sometimes I cant stand it and need to shut it off. but give it a try. Also, if you are having a lucid dream, its like having a soundtrack.
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
its just shit u cant deal with in real life, u get it out at night...music wont change nothing...just go through it and ull feel better when ur mind is free
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Quote by frottage
You've choked on your headphones before?

I'm a very restless sleeper.

And they managed slink their way around my neck.

It was kinda kinky

<.<
>.>
<.<
i had alot of problems with this...not boogey man thing...just fear during dreams where i kill or kill myself...if u let it play out like a movie it goes away....
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
it does actually for me
but if you dont want that much sounds
than just leave the TV on at a low level
sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. A lot of times it works fine, but others i just get distracted with the music.
I usually listen to a coldplay album to help me get to sleep
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Quote by TunerAddict
Rape.

Then you'll sleep like a baby.

Sleep.

Then you'll rape like a baby
Quote by lolcats
Sleep.

Then you'll rape like a baby

LMFAO. Man, that was hilarious.
throw on some Sigur Ros before bed
it does nice
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
i go to sleep 99% of the time with my music on. although i dont put my ipod (on speakers) on shuffle beacuse eventually i will wake up and turn it off.

jus hva a playlist of about 10 different songs and play that.

i can literally go to sleep listening to behemoth and heavy stuff. and still have the same effect as calm music.

if ur having agressive dreams try fapping before you to to sleep it really calms you
Gear:
Maton MS503
Squier Strat
Randall RG75DG3+
H & K 100W Switchblade
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Digitech Crossroads
Digitech Jamman
Zoom G1

Quote by Sol9989
Caramello wins life.

Quote by A8039077
Caramello, that's mother****ing genius!
I think alt.rock's really good for falling asleep to. Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, 65daysofstatic kinda stuff. A few people say sunn 0))) is good for sleeping to (It's VEEEERY drone-ish and tranc-ish, so I can definitly see why), but it creeps me out way to much for me to sleep to.
Quote by lordofthefood1
throw on some Sigur Ros before bed
it does nice

I'd personally go for Brian Eno or Mogwai, I can't say I'm massive on Sigur Ros

It might help TS, go for it.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by lolcats
I'm a very restless sleeper.

And they managed slink their way around my neck.

It was kinda kinky

<.<
>.>
<.<

Ooooh, alright. I thought you meant that they had gotten into your mouth and you choked on them. That's still pretty funny though.
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
Oh the joys of the transitive property...

Wut?

I just know I made a funny.
Quote by piratemetalhead
I think alt.rock's really good for falling asleep to. Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, 65daysofstatic kinda stuff. A few people say sunn 0))) is good for sleeping to (It's VEEEERY drone-ish and tranc-ish, so I can definitly see why), but it creeps me out way to much for me to sleep to.

Alright, I have Smashing Pumpkins, I'll try them.

I think I'm also going to listen to some Empyrium, Ulver, and Agalloch.

Quote by Bair
its just shit u cant deal with in real life, u get it out at night...music wont change nothing...just go through it and ull feel better when ur mind is free

What do you mean by that? Just wondering.