Hi there...

I am sitting here wondering if its a good idea to put a distortion and/or an overdrive pedal into the effects look of my peavey 6505+

now the peavey is an all tube amp and i heard that putting overdrive or distortion into the effects loop isn't a good idea

currently the only thing i have in the loop is a Boss RV-5 reverb pedal, and the amp has more than enough gain for anything i want, i just want to see how rediculous i can get it

I gots an Ibanex tube screemer, a boss DS-1 and a Digitech Metal master, and i guess the zakk wylde pedal too from my days of solid state amps and i did try the DS1 through the guitar line and liked the sound although it didn't work well when the reverb pedal was on through the effects loop

I have a BC rich platinum pro with EMG81/85 put in

any wisdom is appreciated as well as more insight into tube amps, i like to learn
-----
Peavey 6505+ w/ BG412F
B.C rich platinum pro w/ EMG 81&85
-----
Why would you? The amps distortion is bad ass, why **** with it?
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Normally it is only modulation effects that should go in the effects loop. Fileter (e.g. wah) and distortion effects should go before.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
i tried the wah in the loop too (original cry baby), but it sounds messed with the reverb on either before or after it
-----
Peavey 6505+ w/ BG412F
B.C rich platinum pro w/ EMG 81&85
-----
Of course you can put any effect in or out, but they sound most natural the way I said earlier.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1