OK, so me and 3 other friends are starting up a metalcore band, but its the weirdest lineup ever.
Me - Rythym Guitar/Screaming
Friend 1 - Lead Guitar
Friend 2 - Bass Guitar/Singing
Friend 3 - Drums
How should we present/organize ourselves on stage? Ill be doing the screaming (more than singing), but Im only rhythm guitar, wtf. Ill probably also write lyrics...
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Marshall G10 MKII
How is that odd at all? A ton of bands have the main vocalist/screamer playing rhythm guitar. I don't understand exactly what you're trying to ask..

edit - if you're talking about presentation during a show, I'd say you in middle if you're doing most vocals, drums behind, lead on one side, bass on the other. Is that what you're asking?
Last edited by Final at Sep 27, 2008,
depends on how much each of you sings/screams. if it's equal, i think it should be rhythm and bassist forward and lead in the middle, back

if it's not equal, whoever does more should be in front with the others flanking him
Not my band, but something you should definitely listen to:
Toast Machine
Yeah, thats what I was asking.
I dunno, I guess I just find it a bit odd. I mean, I like it, it works, its just different...
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Marshall G10 MKII
Quote by NICK.IS.SICK
Yeah, thats what I was asking.
I dunno, I guess I just find it a bit odd. I mean, I like it, it works, its just different...

Its very common.
Oh. Ok. Way to burst my bubble.

Thanks guys.
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Marshall G10 MKII
I'd probably throw the lead guitarist in the middle and the two vocalists on either side. That way, the microphone stands won't get in the way as much and it'll all look nice and symmetrical on stage.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
I'd probably throw the lead guitarist in the middle and the two vocalists on either side. That way, the microphone stands won't get in the way as much and it'll all look nice and symmetrical on stage.

this seems like the best idea.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

+1
unless one of the 2 singers has bigger parts on the song
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400