well, me and my buddy(on drums) are getting pretty good. We have what you'd call about two hours of rehearsed jams. Do you think that if I went to a local bar and asked them to let us play on their least busy night if they'd let us jam? I can record us playing and show the owner, but I'm not sure if something like that is completely out of the question.
Unless you're playing for a bunch of guitar freaks, you arent gonna draw much of a crowd without vocals, if he has a pub then he probably knows this
I have people over at my house regularly, about 30 or 40 a week. If I could get these people to come and buy a drink would that be possible? Our music isn't technical guitar freak kind of music, it's music for stoners.
I say post a piece here so we can listen to it and judge according to what we hear.
Quote by e-free
I say post a piece here so we can listen to it and judge according to what we hear.

Ok sounds good, it will take me a long while to access recording equipment, I was planning on doing this show in about a month or so when my school calms down a little. But I think people will get the jist of the thread when I resurrect it with a video.
get a bassist so you guys can have that heavy low end drone that I personally think would add alot to your sound if you are playing stoner rock.
I can't find any good bass players, I can play a lot of music, but every bass player I meet absolutely refuses to learn theory or new songs. It's like,

"hey play something simple in A minor, 4/4, something simple, I can make you sound good by following your lines"

"what's A minor?"

"uggghhhh"

I can play bass myself but I can't find a good guitar player either. My quest continues.
id be more concerned about not have a bass player than singer
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by farcry
I can't find any good bass players, I can play a lot of music, but every bass player I meet absolutely refuses to learn theory or new songs. It's like,

"hey play something simple in A minor, 4/4, something simple, I can make you sound good by following your lines"

"what's A minor?"

"uggghhhh"

I can play bass myself but I can't find a good guitar player either. My quest continues.

Not everyone knows music theory, don't be so picky.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
If I were a bar owner, I would ask myself, will it be good for my business for these people to get up and do a set of music with no singer and no bass player? I personally can't imagine the answer being 'yes.'
1. The band is only semi-complete. I can pretty much guarantee that a guitarist and a drummer just jamming away will not be a sound the average person will dig enough to make them stick around and buy drinks.
2. Most people, unless it is a bar that caters to original music, have no interest in hearing original bands. That interest can be coaxed out of a crowd if you have some damned good songs and keep it short. If you're a stoner-rock jam band.... you'll clear the place out before long. If I was the bar owner, I would predict this, and not allow you to play a show.

I'd say that, unless you can convince him/her that the bar will make more money with you playing than they will without you playing, that the answer will be 'no.'
1. Will you be bringing an audience with you that will be greater than the number of people that you drive away?
2. Will you be able to keep people there with your music for longer than they would stay if there was no music? (answer = not a chance in hell with a half-baked 'band' with a bunch of semi-improvisational pseudo-grunge-metal stoner rock without vocals...)

Sorry to be harsh, but that is the reality. Bar owners are not patrons of the arts. They are business people. They bring in bands because they hope the bands bring in people who will spend money.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.