Page 1 of 3
Quote by A2M
I'm gonna go ahead and say kirk.

Beat me to it...so I'm gonna say, um, damn now I can't think of anyone...
Quote by Roopelatvalafan
Michael angelo batio.. he might have technice... but musically he sucks deeply

+1

all he has going for him is knowledge and speed.
Angus Young
Quote by thanksgiving
You facepalm like a pro... man I want you in bed.
angus x2
ESP LTD Viper-50
Dean AK48
Marshall MG-15
Peavey Sheffield 4x12
Peavey Transtube Supreme Head
Zoom 505 II
Why Kirk? I can't realy enjoy his solos though, he uses the wah way too much
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by titsmcgee852
Herman ri.

Oh god how did I forget. What a bucket of fail he is
Quote by Crotty
Jack White and Kurt Cobain

this
Quote by Th6r6a6sH
The Pit is a reliable source of information
Quote by imdeth
My penis is tough. My penis is elite.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I like Luigi.

His cock is maximum.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

OPETH RULES.

Member of Åkerfeldtism

My last.fm
+1 to the guy who said Herman Li.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Quote by turtlewax
Why Kirk? I can't realy enjoy his solos though, he uses the wah way too much

He is sloppy as ****, writes bad solos, uses the wah to cover up his crap playing, always messes up, etc.
i still reckon kirk is a great guitarist i mean yeah who doesnt stuff up sum times

but the feeling he puts into his songs is amazing.

look at his face during some of his solos, he is having an orgasm lol
Quote by Crotty
Jack White and Kurt Cobain

Kurt Cobain was never mean to be seen as a great guitarist, I don't know why any one does, but Jack may be lacking in some areas but overall I'd put him in the catagory of badass guitarists.
Quote by vanshaya
+1 to the guy who said Herman Li.

That was me!

lol
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
kirk hammett, kurt cobain, angus young, herman li,
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
Engl Savage 120
Quote by NakedInTheRain
ummm...aren't we forgetting something?

said guitarists>everyone in this forum.

otherwise you'd be playing stadium gigs to thousands of screaming fans.

/thread

Not true at all. By your logic, the douche bags in the Jonas Brothers are better than Guthrie Govan because they sell more records and more 14 year old girls show up to their stadium concerts.

Popularity =/= talent. I can honestly say, that I am better at guitar in my opinion then some guitar "heroes". Now obviously, not all of them, and I don't mean that I'm more technically proficient than them either. I just like my style and my songs more than I like theirs, and thats how I gauge a guitarist. By the music they create.
Quote by NakedInTheRain

/thread

Not really, some of the best musicians in the world aren't very well known, just like a lot of terrible musicians are playing stadium gigs. Getting signed has as much to do with luck as it does skill and hard work, sometimes work and skill aren't even part of the equasion. It's strange how the music industry works, but it's reality and it's hard to escape it.
Quote by A2M
Not true at all. By your logic, the douche bags in the Jonas Brothers are better than Guthrie Govan because they sell more records and more 14 year old girls show up to their stadium concerts.

Popularity =/= talent. I can honestly say, that I am better at guitar in my opinion then some guitar "heroes". Now obviously, not all of them, and I don't mean that I'm more technically proficient than them either. I just like my style and my songs more than I like theirs, and thats how I gauge a guitarist. By the music they create.

It's a totally different thing to be a musician and a guitarist.
There are good guitarists that don't write good music and vice versa
Current Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Gothic
Blackstar Ht-5
Bad Monkey
Quote by NakedInTheRain

/thread

This doesnt work. Ive tried it before, defending herman li.

Not really though.
Quote by dungeon
It's a totally different thing to be a musician and a guitarist.
There are good guitarists that don't write good music and vice versa

That all depends on your interpretation of what those words mean. To me, to be a guitarist means to create music using the guitar. Pretty simple right? Well if you aren't creating music I like, or you aren't creating good music, then my opinion will be that you're a poor guitarist, regardless of how fast you can do scale practice patterns in a song setting.
Kurt Cobain, Jack White, Jimmy Paige, Jimi Hendrix, Herman Li, Kirk Hammet, Michaelangelo Batio, Yngwie Malmsteen (guy's great and all, but come on! if he were a bit more tasteful his music would have more impact and would be easier to enjoy).

And the guy from Smashing Pumpkins... was it Billy?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by A2M

fair point. however, i'm sick of people posting random threads like this, just because they feel like being whiny little bitches and slagging off guitarists who inspire others. hey, tom delonge was the reason i first picked up a guitar.

my point being? find something better to discuss.
whoever said Jack White, is a complete tool
and not the brilliant metal band Tool
the male reproductive organ tool
Yeap, agree with A2M.

I dont care if you can play Cliffs of Dover with your eyes closed. yeah your a good guitarist or guitar player. But if you can write a few good catchy songs, your not a decent musician.
For those saying Michael Angleo Batio is only good at speed, and doesn't have any creativity, watch >> THIS <<.
Sure, he shreds a lot, but his playing can be incredibly melodious and creative (for example, 1 minute onwards of that video).
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Pete Townshend

Back in them days people wrote "Clapton Is God" on walls, but I never understood why. I loved his work with Cream, but even then there were way better guitarists, so I don't consider him a guitar god. But after Cream his music became predictable and poppy (though there were still some decent songs) which is probably why you don't read too much about him on sites like these...

Quote by Iriathz
For those saying Michael Angleo Batio is only good at speed, and doesn't have any creativity, watch >> THIS <<.
Sure, he shreds a lot, but his playing can be incredibly melodious and creative (for example, 1 minute onwards of that video).

I actually prefer >> THIS << one, but still: there is no way you can be a guitar god and wear your hair like that...

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Last edited by shwilly at Sep 27, 2008,
Quote by NakedInTheRain
fair point. however, i'm sick of people posting random threads like this, just because they feel like being whiny little bitches and slagging off guitarists who inspire others. hey, tom delonge was the reason i first picked up a guitar.

my point being? find something better to discuss.

You're in my thread, bitching and contributing to that which you're denouncing. Lighten up tightwad.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Hendrix, Page, Slash (super fail).

I forgot slash and angus young.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Hendrix, Page, Slash (super fail).

You cant be serious? Why do those guys suck so much. I want a reason and example.
Quote by Iriathz

I agree, before anyone says a guitarist sucks he should listen to most of his work, not just one song on youtube.
Quote by A2M

If you truely are better than these guitarists post some videos of you playing, then we can judge whether you are or not.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Page 1 of 3