Hey

I just plugged my mem stick into my computer and an icon appears in the bottom right hand side of the desktop.

I click it and it tells me that (essentially) my USB stick is "fast" but the USB port on the computer is "slow" and hence the overall performance speed will be lower from the USB stick.

So this got me thinking.....

Will this have a negative effect on using a MIDI controller to record with Fruity Loops?
I would be using an Alesis Micron with a MIDI->USB cable STRAIGHT INTO THE COMPUTER (NO INTERFACE).

Will it be laggy etc.? At the moment the latency I have is 23ms.

Thanks
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

so you have a USB 2.0 memory stick but a USB 1.1 slot
must be an older computer...you may be able to add a PCI card to get some 2.0 ports though...I did it on an older dell.

Anyways with MIDI there is very little data going though the cables and so you probably wont have much problem with latency but on the the other hand, having 2.0 USB ports could not hurt and it will only cost you a few dollars to upgrade.
Last edited by moody07747 at Sep 29, 2008,
thanks for the replies

if it will work thats fine!

maybe someday ill upgrade though.

thanks again
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX