I play mostly metal and modern hardrock, but also some acdc and GnR,

so im wondering if the ENGL fireball will give a decent tone for acdc and GnR? Doesnt have to be a perfect tone for it

Metal tone is what i want to nail with the amp but it would be nice with some versatility also
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

i own this amp and its amazing for hi gain lead, heavey metal, and modern tones but its not the greatest choice for gnr and acdc, the gain stage is just too rich and heavy and with out the ultra gain activated the regular channel doesnt have enough gain to play anything harder then early classic rock . depending on your budget i would go with a powerball, or invader if you want to stick with engl. or 6505 or any rectifier. its just that the fireball is fairly limited to clean and hi gain so an amp with multi channels would be a better choice. i have played all these so i'm not giving you this feedback based on reviews.
you can always stick an od in the clean channel or a big muff and you can cover various styles..remember back in the 60s they didnt have distortion they just played at high levels to create distortion. the fireball is very fizzy and brittle, but most amps are in that price bracket. i would go for a framus cobra or a soldano hot rod, or save up for an engl se.
if you want it all then get the blackmore much more classicaly voiced than the other ENGLs, will still have heaps of gain
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
the fireball is the most expensive amp i can afford, ~1000 euro , of the engls
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard