Hello everyone!

I'm currently doing my Rockschool Grade 3... Yet I would love to make my solos sound like Tom Morello's. I'm talking about the early solos, mostly on the Rage Against The Machine album, songs like Freedom, Take The Power Back, Know Your Enemy...

I know scales and stuff like that, I have to do three solos for the songs I'm doing, and I've got those solos pretty good for Grade 3, but it's nowhere near as fast as Tom Morello plays it.

Can anyone give me tips in how to improve my playing to this level?
practise your scales, go slow at first until every note is clear then start building up the speed
Quote by The Gore Child
Hello everyone!

I'm currently doing my Rockschool Grade 3... Yet I would love to make my solos sound like Tom Morello's. I'm talking about the early solos, mostly on the Rage Against The Machine album, songs like Freedom, Take The Power Back, Know Your Enemy...

I know scales and stuff like that, I have to do three solos for the songs I'm doing, and I've got those solos pretty good for Grade 3, but it's nowhere near as fast as Tom Morello plays it.

Can anyone give me tips in how to improve my playing to this level?

Practice? (allot)
Buy a Digitech whammy pedal and then practise your face off

/thread
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
tom morello doesnt solo as much as he does crazy origional shit that only he would do...things a guitar wasnt meant to do. dont get me wrong, hes a good guitarist, but traditional learning can only get you so far when it comes to his style
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Scales - go up AND down, making sure that every individual note is clearly articulated and defined.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
fret the highest notes on your g,b,e strings, trun up the distortion, then tap your pick rhythmicly on the strings over the pickups, you can slide too

if you have a les paul style guitar, turn the volume off on the neck an on on the bridge...now play with the selector switch