hi guys , does anyone know the best "setting/effect" for a spider jam line 6 amp if you are trying to learn santana - europa ? I play with an Gibson Les Paul if that matters .. and does anyone know where i can download good backgraound music ? thanks..
The guitar doesn't really matter. Play on your clean channel and use a lot of vibrato/legato. That's where Santana's tone comes from, his fingers and not his amp settings.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Aeroblast
Uh...

You play a Gibson Les Paul through a Line 6?

My thoughts exactly.
You won't get a real good Santana tone through such a cheap amp.
Try just cutting the treble a bit and putting a nice amount of reverb on it.
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by JaykeSucks
My thoughts exactly.
You won't get a real good Santana tone through such a cheap amp.
Try just cutting the treble a bit and putting a nice amount of reverb on it.
you guy's have never tried one then that's for sure
Quote by ianpdq
you guy's have never tried one then that's for sure

"Guys" isn't meant to have an apostrophe.
And yes, I've tried one. They're dreadful, no matter what people say. If you think it's good, I can almost guarantee that it's your first amp, or it replaced your tiny 5 watt, solid-state practise amp you got in a pack when you were 10.
Stop trying to tell people how good they are.
Compare it to a better amp, not a worse amp, THEN tell people your thoughts on it.
If you play a Line 6 Spider, and you compare it to your friend's Wal-Mart amp, of course it will be better.
But if you play it next to a decent amp...well, you won't think so highly of your Line 6 Spider any more, that's for sure.
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by JaykeSucks
But if you play it next to a decent amp...well, you won't think so highly of your Line 6 Spider any more, that's for sure.

How can you even say that? It comes loaded with "ROKSTARZ EFFXTZ~"
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Quote by Garou1911

How can you even say that? It comes loaded with "ROKSTARZ EFFXTZ~"

SHIT! I almost forgot. I wish to retract my previous statement bad-mouthing the Line 6 Spider, because I forgot about it's rokstarz effxtz!!111. It makes you sound like you're from Guitar Hero, which is all you need.
Member of the Laney Cult
O.K..... Everyone listen to "JaykeSucks", look at his profile he is apparently a pro and got that way in only 16 short years.....

I have a Line 6 Spider III, it's a good amp for the price, and has plenty of settings for different things. I've tried to find the sound for Eurpoa on it as well, and the closest I could get it to would be ....

Clean Channel
Knob setings:
Drive @ 8
Bass @ 7
Mid @ 7
Treb @ 7
Channel Vol @ 10
I put just a touch of Chorus/Flange & just a touch or Reverb

Just play around with it and find what you think sounds good.

I know that JaykeSucks is a "famous guitarist and has all these indorsements form alot of different companys, and has years of experiance with alot of different equipment". What works for him or in this case doesn't work for him may differ form your tastes, he probably couldn't figure out how all the different settings worked. There is more to it that turning on a switch and playing.

Gibson SG Classic
Laguna LE 422
Dean Razorback
Washburn LK60PS
Fender Bass
Ibanez Acoustoc/Electric
Marshall MG 15HFX Microstack
Line 6 Spider III Amp

Remeber...... Every where you go, there you are!
Quote by majorpain1023
I have a Line 6 Spider III, it's a good amp for the price, and has plenty of settings for different things.

That's part of the point with those amps though, it's a "good" amp for the price. Peavy makes a couple great amps for the price, as does Randall and Crate. Frankly, I'm glad you're happy with the tone you get from your amp, but all the effects they cram into those things IMHO detracts from the base tone you get out of it. For the money spent you'd be better served getting a different amp and buying pedals for the effects you want.
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Quote by majorpain1023
O.K..... Everyone listen to "JaykeSucks", look at his profile he is apparently a pro and got that way in only 16 short years.....

I have a Line 6 Spider III, it's a good amp for the price, and has plenty of settings for different things. I've tried to find the sound for Eurpoa on it as well, and the closest I could get it to would be ....

Clean Channel
Knob setings:
Drive @ 8
Bass @ 7
Mid @ 7
Treb @ 7
Channel Vol @ 10

I know that JaykeSucks is a "famous guitarist and has all these indorsements form alot of different companys, and has years of experiance with alot of different equipment". What works for him or in this case doesn't work for him may differ form your tastes, he probably couldn't figure out how all the different settings worked. There is more to it that turning on a switch and playing.

Wow.
Because I insult a practise amp that you happen to own, you feel the need to insult my intelligence, while at the same time spelling experience, endorsement, companies and a lot wrong?
This is great.
I NEVER said I was pro. Or had endorsements. I just know what I like the sound of.
It's an opinion, you dick. I've never heard a Line 6 Spider sound good. If you make it sound good, well done, keep using it.
The only times I've ever heard one, it was absolutely terrible, and sounded tinny and fake.
Just because I'm 16 doesn't mean I don't know what I like the sound of. That's like saying "Oh, this 10 year old thinks methylated spirits tastes funny. He's probably wrong though, seeing as he's only 10."
We are born able to hear things. We learn quickly what sounds nice to us, and what sounds bad. And I just happen to think that Line 6 Spiders sound like Chewbacca taking a shit.

Stop being such a fan boy.

EDIT: Wait...your 38, and you still use sarcasm as your main form of wit?
Member of the Laney Cult
Last edited by JaykeSucks at Oct 12, 2008,
Quote by majorpain1023

Clean Channel
Knob setings:
Drive @ 8
Bass @ 7
Mid @ 7
Treb @ 7
Channel Vol @ 10

I agree with you. It seems that with the younger crowd on here it's the clicky or in thing to do, bashing the Spider III amps that is. I've been doing a lot of reading on these boards and I check the profiles of everyone that bashes the Spider and 90% of them are under 20 years old. It's kind of like being part of the popular crowd in high school, you don't want to get caught being the odd man out with your own unique point of view, you know you have to do and say what everyone else does because that's the cool thing to do.
I will say they are not the greatest sounding amp, but if you have one and spend time tweaking the settings. I'm sure you will find some tones from it that will be pretty decent.
My son has a Valve King and a Line 6 Spider 3, I realize one is tube and one is transistor, but I have found things and certain tones that I don't like out of both of them. I don't know if one amp is perfect for every type of playing.
What I'm trying to say is that the Spider amps don't deserve all the bandwagon bashing that goes on on these boards. UG forums is definately the worst online forum when it comes to hateing on the Spider amps.
Quote by weed9333
I agree with you. It seems that with the younger crowd on here it's the clicky or in thing to do, bashing the Spider III amps that is. I've been doing a lot of reading on these boards and I check the profiles of everyone that bashes the Spider and 90% of them are under 20 years old. It's kind of like being part of the popular crowd in high school, you don't want to get caught being the odd man out with your own unique point of view, you know you have to do and say what everyone else does because that's the cool thing to do.
I will say they are not the greatest sounding amp, but if you have one and spend time tweaking the settings. I'm sure you will find some tones from it that will be pretty decent.
My son has a Valve King and a Line 6 Spider 3, I realize one is tube and one is transistor, but I have found things and certain tones that I don't like out of both of them. I don't know if one amp is perfect for every type of playing.
What I'm trying to say is that the Spider amps don't deserve all the bandwagon bashing that goes on on these boards. UG forums is definately the worst online forum when it comes to hateing on the Spider amps.

Age has nothing to do with it.
I dislike the amp.
So what?
It's not the "cool thing" to do. The new Spider Valve is fantastic. I like how it sounds.
All the Spider amps I've heard other than that one, I didn't like the sound of.
It's my opinion.
The majority of the people on UG are probably under 25, you realise. My view differs from yours. I think that you get a better sound out of a Marshall MG, which also gets bashed a lot on here.
That's what it is to my ear. I never said "It is bad, everyone hates it". I said "I think it sucks", which I do.
I also think The Jonas Brothers suck. Everyone on here seems to hate them...not because it's cool, but because most of the people on these forums don't like their music for whatever reason.
Seriously.
Because I'm 16, and because I disagree with you, it's all about my age. Young people know what they like as well, you know. You don't just "get things right" when you hit 30 or something. You like what you like when you like it. Simple as that. You could say my gear sucks, and I'd ask what you didn't like about it. That's it. You don't like it, you don't like it. I'm not going to get defensive, because I like it, and that's all that matters to me.
If you care that much about someone beating on a shitty little practise amp, you have way too much spare time.
Member of the Laney Cult