so i was checking out the music portion of the thrasher site (a skate magazine for those who dont know), and i started reading about this band Danava. (http://www.thrashermagazine.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=594&Itemid=41)
one of the members of the group stated "I think Satan is a dollar bill".
This quote really got me thinking. I know the discussions been had 545630560 times before, because of that one saying, "Money is the root of all evil". But i thought i would start a thread about this anyways.
So Pit, what are your thoughts on this?
Money is a dickhead, but an economy is necessary to support this system.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
Money is a dickhead, but an economy is necessary to support this system.

but the economy doesn't have to be based off money

Edit: nvm.
yes it does
Last edited by shameonthenight at Sep 27, 2008,
satans not a dollar bill, satans inside all of us , hes that part of you that makes you wanna drink sh*t loads of alchol and pass out at a random places jsut for the fun of it and to call in sick at work because you wanna have an all day session
Quote by shameonthenight
but the economy doesn't have to be based off money

Edit: nvm.
yes it does

What do you want to base it on then? Blowjobs?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by blenk
satans not a dollar bill, satans inside all of us , hes that part of you that makes you wanna drink sh*t loads of alchol and pass out at a random places jsut for the fun of it and to call in sick at work because you wanna have an all day session

Shut up

But I totally agree.

Money, although necessary for everyday living and economy unless you want to start making everything yourself, is quite the inescapable evil.

If we removed money of the world, we would all be looters and steal what we cant make/grow.

Its kind of like a check-mate, really.

Money makes us evil, but then again, without it, we would be looters.
Satan is in us and makes us want the money more than anything else. It's the reason the big bail out companies did bad business. More money. Get greedy, and you get screwed simple as that. MONEY IT'S A GAS
Quote by GuitarHero0715
Shut up

But I totally agree.

Money, although necessary for everyday living and economy unless you want to start making everything yourself, is quite the inescapable evil.

If we removed money of the world, we would all be looters and steal what we cant make/grow.

I agree with what's been said here.
Money, as evil as it is, is what makes the world revolve, essentially.
Quote by rabidguitarist
What do you want to base it on then? Blowjobs?

you sir are a genius
imagine what it would be like to be the richest man in the world, with more blowjobs than you knew what to do with
So Bill Gates is the most satanic man in America?

Explains vista...
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Quote by GuitarHero0715
Shut up

But I totally agree.

Looting what? The stuff we bought with no money?

EDIT: But yes, I understand what you're saying, money is necessary.
GO YANKEES!
Quote by gratefulduck
you sir are a genius
imagine what it would be like to be the richest man in the world, with more blowjobs than you knew what to do with

thats a terrible idea.
unless you wanna suck a **** for everything you want, that is.
Quote by Yanks4Life92
Looting what? The stuff we bought with no money?

No, without an economy, we would all have to resort to producing our own products.

And those things, we would soon resort to stealing from each other, since that is a hard thing to do.
To remove money would necessitate either a backwards movement to the point where everyone is a producer of goods and all trade was in the form of goods, i.e. completely obliterate the service sector, financial sector and technology sector

Orrrrrrrrrrrr

Communist state.
Everyone says money is evil, but without it they'd suffer in society so there's no choice in the matter except to bend over and take it by the banks.
Quote by gratefulduck
you sir are a genius

I would give blowjobs to the poor.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by GuitarHero0715
No, without an economy, we would all have to resort to producing our own products.

And those things, we would soon resort to stealing from each other, since that is a hard thing to do.
Well I think that's a bit of a leap from A to Z, if no one is producing there'd be nothing to steal.

Everyone would have to produce something and barter with their excess produce for things they can't produce themselves.

Theft in this kind of situation usually involves harsh corporal and capital punishments to disuade it from becoming rampant. Only a tiny portion of people are willing to risk the loss of their hands or feet or being strung up on the gallows for the meagre living one makes of theft in a cashless society.
Quote by shameonthenight
thats a terrible idea.
unless you wanna suck a **** for everything you want, that is.

that doesn't sound like something i would want to do at alll
butttttt...
if we replaced money with butt sex.....
no no, never mind...
Quote by freedoms_stain
Well I think that's a bit of a leap from A to Z, if no one is producing there'd be nothing to steal.

Everyone would have to produce something and barter with their excess produce for things they can't produce themselves.

Theft in this kind of situation usually involves harsh corporal and capital punishments to disuade it from becoming rampant. Only a tiny portion of people are willing to risk the loss of their hands or feet or being strung up on the gallows for the meagre living one makes of theft in a cashless society.

this.

whatever happened to the days when we used to trade our goat milk for fish?!?!?!?!
Quote by mf212
united states of america one dollar

It's True!!

Wow.
We must alert the church elders!
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
money makes the world go round,
drink it down, you stupid clown,
and you're out on your ass.

E-cookies for who gets the quote

anyway on topic yes money is basically a cause of evil but its a lesser evil compared to mass looting and pillaging which would happen if there was no money
Quote by dragoo-mon
+1 to carcass255, he knows funk will lead the way

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pies? You're the drunk one!
Quote by carcass255
drink it down, you stupid clown,
and you're out on your ass.

E-cookies for who gets the quote

anyway on topic yes money is basically a cause of evil but its a lesser evil compared to mass looting and pillaging which would happen if there was no money

If you don't want to live like a viking, you deserve to be pillaged.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
If you don't want to live like a viking, you deserve to be pillaged.

How exactly does a viking live like??.........
Quote by mf212
united states of america one dollar

It's True!!!

and GuitarHero0715,Don't tell anyone how tries to quote the pick of destiny to Shut up.

The American dollar is weakening and so is the rest of the free world, wouldn't the free world weaken if the American dollar gains strength if your theory is correct? suck on that ,bitch
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.

Quote by zwound
Win

Quote by __Pent__

^^Too bad I can't do this in real life
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
1 Timothy 6:10
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

fyi - for anyone who likes to miss quote things, go study religion in college or something.