I was wondering what your opinions are on the colouring MAG's do to you tone.
My mag (with 4x10) set flat sounds quite dull and lifeless, but my laney bc120 (with 1x15 (old and discontinued)) sounds really bright and twangy when it is set flat.

Does anyone else think that mag's add a thuddy bassy colouring to your tone?

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
I think MAGs have a very "ehhh" tone in general, maybe that's what people says is the "vintage" sound from the MAGs, I don't really know. I definitely agree with you though, they do sound a little lifeless.
hm yeah i always found myself boosting the mids and treble quite a lot to compensate for it. It is only recently it has dawned on me though, because the eq on/off switch has broken so im stuck with the eq on flat.

im considering changing my head but is there anything in the same price range which is more transparent? or maybe just brighter?

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
maybe you could ru na preamp pedal before it. or maybe get an over drive pedal and put it on super light settings.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by shinhoman

im considering changing my head but is there anything in the same price range which is more transparent? or maybe just brighter?

Hartke. Transparent and cheap =).
Or Warwick heads.
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
Quote by sam_ofzo
Hartke. Transparent and cheap =).
Or Warwick heads.

thanks. i might try some out next time i go into liverpool.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134