Ok. i was gonna get a 60 watt vox valvetronix
I wanted to get a metal zone distortion and a wah pedal for it..
Would it sound crappy?
The metal zone sounds crappy no matter what you plug it into - however the amp on it's own will sound fine.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
oh..
but, i needa alternate between some effects on the vox.. is there like a pedal that can do that?
Like channels or somethin?
Yes, for the vox valvetronix, you can buy the Vox VS-2 (or something like that, just look at the amp description on their site, it says what it is) the only problem is that you can only make 2 channels
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

How much does the Vox cost? I bought one of the new AC-30s and I sent it back, as it didn't even look like I thought it would and was made like a shoddy copy. It looked like something a counterfiter would make. Very low quality.

Plugged it in and it sounded terrible.

From what I understand they are making one or two nice amps and they're expensive. The rest is China made and I would have serious concerns if you're planing to hold onto it.
Quote by SenorSmiley
How much does the Vox cost? I bought one of the new AC-30s and I sent it back, as it didn't even look like I thought it would and was made like a shoddy copy. It looked like something a counterfiter would make. Very low quality.

Plugged it in and it sounded terrible.

From what I understand they are making one or two nice amps and they're expensive. The rest is China made and I would have serious concerns if you're planing to hold onto it.

Ohh,
I've heard of this before..
Never took it into my head though..
So what would you suggest?
BTW, my guitar is an FR1620-BK
How much does the Vox cost? I don't want to suggest something that is 3x the price.

The 1990's Fender Prosonics have a good AC-30 type sound. They were a short lived Custom Shop designed/factory manufactured amplifier.

Bruce Zinky (Dr. Z) designed them and they sound great. I picked one up for $450.00 +/- on ebay a while back. They seem to be very cheap or very expensive - so look around as some are hip to them.

Low cost would be about 375.00 (saw one on ebay and forgot to bid) high would be 2500 (don't pay that it's stupid).

If you get the Vox you'll find it made out of a cardboardy type of box (not a nice solid wood box like Fender or the Vox of old used) and Chinese surface mounted parts that make repair difficult.

The old stuff was made to be fixed - which is why I can still use an amp made in the 1960's. The new stuff is made to throw away.

Good Luck!
Last edited by SenorSmiley at Sep 27, 2008,
mehh.. i'm not entirely sure myself! Cuz, the shops in town..
so i'm just bringin my guitar there to try out some amps..