Hey all,
I just got a new roland 15 amp. I have noticed a buzzing sound when using the distortion channel. I didn't notice this when testing it. Clean channel isn't too bad. I am using a MIM Strat and when i have the pup setting at 1,3 and 5 the buzzing is noticeable. I am also uisng a cheapo patch cord. Is it my pups or the cord?
thanks
might be the chord, but generally high gain amps give out a slight background buzz, but idk how much distortion your using to produce the buzing
Quote by altoidwithmelon
You dont lose your virginity, you voluntarily misplace it.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
You should bottle up all of your emotions till they become a problem that requires professional help.
It's good for the economy.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/rabidpitweasels/
i turned the gain down from 7 to 5 and it doesn't seem to bad now. What do people normally keep gain at?
it's really noticeable with headphones on even when on the clean channel. Man this is annoying as hell
single coils are noisy, cant really avoid that unless you sheild it better or use "noiseless" single coils.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
buzz comes from single coils and poor grounding/shielding. all mexican and even american strats buzz. mim stock pickups are trash. i suggest you change them or at least shield your pickguard
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack