Poll: ML-2, MT-2, or Other?
Poll Options
View poll results: ML-2, MT-2, or Other?
ML-2 Metal Core
1 3%
MT-2 Metal Zone
11 31%
Other?
24 67%
Voters: 36.
In general, is a Boss ML-2 or Boss MT-2 better? Or do you prefer something else to sound brutal? If so specify please. I know it depends on the amp and what tone your going for but I would just like to know UG's opinion on each of these.
Last edited by Bentheemo at Sep 27, 2008,
Neither is very good, to be honest. Something like a metal muff would probably be better, but that also depends on your amp. So what amp are you using?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Im too poor to buy a new one at the moment, I was just asking what everyone prefers is all
Quote by theoreticmusic
Muff with Top Boost.

+ a $hitload
Doesn't Digitech have a pedal named Metal or something? Don't remember but i think that one pwns these two.
...What!?
Consensus is that the metal muff is the way to go if you want metal in a box. I still side with the school of thought that if you're unhappy with you're amps tone, saving that money towards a new one will net you a much greater increase in tone.

I understand you don't have the money for an amp, but it's no reason to waste what you have on something that may not make a poor amp sound better, just save what you have and keep saving, you'll eventually be able to afford a nicer amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by caskettheclown
between the two, the metal zone.

Metal Muff with Top Boost is the same price, and is far less digital.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by Horlicks
I can't stand the Metal Muff to be honest.

neither can I, but the boss pedals are in a class of their own.

Don't judge me.
Quote by Horlicks

You hate everything, though
Quote by theoreticmusic
neither can I, but the boss pedals are in a class of their own.

special ed class
Quote by mmjohn
special ed class

eh, even the special ed kids are good at a couple things.

Don't judge me.
I use an Electro Harmonix Metal Muff. You can get some pretty harsh sounds out of it!
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
Quote by Metfan1991
I use an Electro Harmonix Metal Muff. You can get some pretty harsh sounds out of it!

Someone's late to the game. Look up about 4 posts.

Don't judge me.
Thanks for all the replys everyone. I understand the whole improving of the whole tone with a new amp but Im dirt poor with a car I have to save up for, so I'd buy a versatile tube amp that could do everything decently and use the pedal to get better distortion. I'd love that setup but unless anybody can recommend a versatile tube amp that isn't too expensive, it will be awhile till I get a better setup on the whole.
Used Valveking, Crate V Series....

Don't judge me.
Quote by Horlicks

Me either. I thought it sounded terrible. The "top boost" was so noisey it was basically useless. I ended up taking it back within a week. I'm so glad the distortion pedal days are behind me. OP - If you absolutely have to have a Boss distortion pedal, I'd go with a Keeley modded Metal Zone. That one actually sounds decent.
I don't have to have a Boss pedal, I'm open to any brutal pedal. All suggestions about anything are welcome
Quote by Bentheemo
Any particular Valveking or Crate V?

VK112 or Crate V18212. Or V50

but the guy that mentioned the Vypyrs has a good point. Try them suckas, especially the toobs.

Don't judge me.