Hey guys I was looking for some opinions about the next guitar that i want to buy. Ill give you my credentials and see what everyone has to say:

Right now my equipment is as follows:

Guitar- ESP Ltd EC-50

Amp- Marshall Mg100 Half Stack ( Mgx100 Head/ Mg100 Cab 4x10)

Digitech Effects Pedal (DigiTech RP70)

I play in my churchs worship band. We play our sets in a highschool auditorium seats around 300 people. I don't really have a problem with my amp cause we mic all the instruments up anyway so volume enough isnt that great with the Mg100 stack is loud enough and sounds pretty clean with a nice overdriven channel.

The problem is my Ltd. the thing sounds like a shitty ibanez. very easy to play with low action and the pickups have a really bad crunchy sound. Im looking for a guitar with a super solid clean sound, and a nice crunch/fuzz sound when i play it with some overdrive. I'm not looking to kill anyone with the crunchiness, im more conserned with clean sound.

I am undecided whether to get the American Strat, or an Gibson LP Studio. I dont have the money for a Gibson LP Standard, or else i would get that cause the pickups are nasty. But the studio had a nice sounds as well. I feel that the strat might have a little bit of a cleaner crisp sound but lacks crunch when overdriven. The studio has a really nice warm crunch to it, and a nice clean sound , but not equal to that of the strat.

I was also thinking about a PRS SE Custom

What do you guys think?
Quote by lpstudio24
The problem is my Ltd. the thing sounds like a shitty ibanez.

I reckon you'll find it's the MG, not the LTD. If you like the action just get new pups but most of your tone comes from your amp and imo a Fender or a Gibson will still sound like shite with that amp.

As for whether a strat or an LP studio well they are 2 very different guitars so it shouldn't be too hard to select one that suites your style. I still say look for an amp but hey it's your money.
Amp + guitar set up = sorted.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
have yu tried..you know...actually playing any of these guitars?

why ask other people for advice?youll just their opinion not yours
i dont have AD.....ooo,shiny
I'd replace that amp first. It's just not good.

Anyways, LPs and Strats are two very different guitars. A Strat is nicer for cleans, blues, and classic rock, maybe some metal if you can get enough distortion, while a LP is good for heavier music, but isn't too good for cleans.

Yeah, I'd would play them both for a bit, and see what they're like.

I wouldn't get the PRS SE though, they aren't too good guitars, in my opinion.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I'd get a fat strat.

+1

of course you have to play it first though.
1). It's likely not your LTD. See if your pick ups are adjusted too close to the strings tho, that could be part of the problem. If they are "right on" the strings but not touching then they are too high and won't sound best.
2). Are you ever playing metal? If so an HSS strat set up would be best. "Fat strat" as the guys rec. Single coils just aren't best for any metal, IMO - tho some will disagree with that statement.
3). IF you decide to go Les Paul - take a look at Agile guitars. Great quality for the price - some say better than Epi's. In fact, a lot of people do.
4). I would recommend you sell the half stack for a nice 30-50 watt tube combo. (Unless your primary focus is metal). Traynor YCV50? Peavey Classic 30 or 50?
5). Is this the shitty ibanez you speak of?

The PRS is a good guitar - try before you buy.
Quote by Lil Macker
I'd replace that amp first. It's just not good.

Anyways, LPs and Strats are two very different guitars. A Strat is nicer for cleans, blues, and classic rock, maybe some metal if you can get enough distortion, while a LP is good for heavier music, but isn't too good for cleans.

Yeah, I'd would play them both for a bit, and see what they're like.

I wouldn't get the PRS SE though, they aren't too good guitars, in my opinion.

Les Pauls are amazing through a clean amp. So much more bell like. They were made to be a jazz guitar, doofus.

To the TS, get a new amp. A shitty guitar can sound pretty good, with the right amp. At most you may need to upgrade the hardware/electronic.
i was also considering selling the mg100stack and buying a solid state combo. has anyone ever played a Crate VTX212 combo? i played in at guitar center man and it rocked sounded like tubed amp
No. Just don't do it. I had a crate ss amp and it unfortunately lived up to the crate ss reputation of being unreliable. If you could share a budget and type of music you play - we can actually recommend some decent amps for you to try. If you buy used, you save money. Amps are built like shick brickhouses so buying used is something you should consider.
for one nothing is going to ound good through an mg....you should buy a charvel their like hot rodded strat usely HSS and loaded with EMG's and a floyd rose look them charvel.com I think although I do own a LP and I love it.
" Im so god damned horny the crack of dawn better be carefull around me."
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Telecaster w/ rosewood neck&Emg's
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
Quote by gregs1020
No. Just don't do it. I had a crate ss amp and it unfortunately lived up to the crate ss reputation of being unreliable. If you could share a budget and type of music you play - we can actually recommend some decent amps for you to try. If you buy used, you save money. Amps are built like shick brickhouses so buying used is something you should consider.

yea u should never buy brand new amps theres just no need to....I got a marshall JCM900 head (all tube) used for $300 you just need to be patient and shop around alot in mom an pop guitar shops
" Im so god damned horny the crack of dawn better be carefull around me."
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Telecaster w/ rosewood neck&Emg's
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
Quote by Brian8878682
yea u should never buy brand new amps theres just no need to....I got a marshall JCM900 head (all tube) used for $300 you just need to be patient and shop around alot in mom an pop guitar shops

You are preaching to the choir Brian.