Hey guys,

I currently have a sucky $60 stagg amp... And i need an amplifier with some crunch or distortion, and I bumped into this one: Link .

Now what my question is, is it possible to play trash metal decently on this amp?
I'm meaning Pantera-style (or sepultura x) )
maybe?i cant think of any metal guitarists that play through one....

try a randall
i dont have AD.....ooo,shiny
I know the Hughes and Kettner Switchblade can do metal... not so sure about this though.
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
Pantera used Randall, but for a good Randall you have to pay. That is what I heard.
Later they used Krank. Dunno about those. Im not sure if they sell practise amps, but I think so.

Check them out.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Hughes & Kettner amps can make for some pretty awesome metal distortion, I haven't played this particular model, but seriously do check it out, in my experience, they're good quality amps.
Gear:
-A Guitar
-A Bass Guitar
AND...
-amps for BOTH of them!!

(who cares?)
Quote by valdean
Pantera used Randall, but for a good Randall you have to pay. That is what I heard.
Later they used Krank. Dunno about those. Im not sure if they sell practise amps, but I think so.

Check them out.

Krank is more expensive than Randall. But it definetly is great.

I would suggest Marshall. They are great for metal.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Did your friends leave the room to go to the bathroom excessively? If so, they were masturbating.

Quote by JewMasatFlex
if that is why you are playing guitar, then stop. play guitar because you like music, not because you want some pussy
Quote by valdean

Check them out.

no completly wrong
1)dime used randall warhead amps which were under 500 when they were in production
2) dime never played krank on any of pantera's or damageplan's music...EVER
altho he did play krank amps he never got to use them with his bands
that amp will not be the best for the price,i will recommend a better one for you if you would like but i ned to ask you some questions...
so do you want tube or solid state?

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Last edited by mohawkkidJohn at Sep 27, 2008,
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
no completly wrong
1)dime used randall warhead amps which were under 500 when they were in production
that amp will not be the best for the price,i will recommend a better one for you if you would like but i ned to ask you some questions...

I do think he used them sometimes while touring, but he necer recorded something with them.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by GuitarCrazyFrog
Krank is more expensive than Randall. But it definetly is great.

I would suggest Marshall. They are great for metal.

What Marshall is he going to find for that price? Certainly not an MG, as those are horrible. Maybe a DSL401, but those are pretty fizzy too.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/randall_rg50_tc.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/bugera_6262212.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/laney_vc30_210.htm

Probably not the Laney, but the Randall and the Bugera are great choices.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
no dime owned a krank that he played at home but he was waiting to get his sig krank before touring/recording with them.

and the bugera is insanley loud i would suggest him to also get an attenuator but it is an amazing amp.

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Quote by Duuuuude
Hey guys,

I currently have a sucky $60 stagg amp... And i need an amplifier with some crunch or distortion, and I bumped into this one: Link .

Now what my question is, is it possible to play trash metal decently on this amp?
I'm meaning Pantera-style (or sepultura x) )

duuuuuude...

in answer to your original question. Yes the attax is a good amp for metal. I used to sell these in the shop i worked in, and all the staff rated them... couldnt believe they were solid state. Nice and loud too. Nice bottom end for a 1x12 solid state combo.

think marshall valvestate on steroids but with bettter definition.

is it as good as other amps in the price range? prob not. you could deffo go valve in one way or another with a 500 euro budjet. or did you see the attax you "bumped into" pre loved somewhere??? if its going for a song, it might be worth it. dont pay any more than 250 euros for this amp used.

youd be better off with a bugera combo for the cash, new that is

G
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.
Last edited by hippyheaven1 at Oct 30, 2008,
Honeslty if you are Gassin for Pantera's tone just get a Line 6 uber metal pedal (pulverize setting) its Pantera in a box and the closest you will get to his tone without buying the 20k dollars worth of gear he used to tote around. And from there save up and get a really nice amp.
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
no completly wrong

actually Dime used some old Randall RH series solid state heads in the late 80's and early 90s, then moved Randall and him designed the Warhead in the late 90s, early 2000s, then he and Krank designed the Krankenstien in 2005. he played them on Damage Plans last tour before his death. i saw them in new orleans and he had 2 Krankenstien Stacks. the Krankenstien+ is the amp he never got to tour or record with
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
yeah but if he has a tiny little 10w praccy amp, its not gonna happen.

if you want a solid state sound, the attax will take some beating in terms of sound. but, really, have you owned a valve amp? i always say, the first time you own one, its like having the cotton wool removed from your ears!!

i get a great dimebag tone with my ubermetal thru a valveking (all i could afford).

im selling the module (got a metal muff). 15 quid plus p&p, find a cheap dock and youve got a bargain

G
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.
check out the Bugera 6260/6262 and the 333 series
and check out the Randall RG50TC amps
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
id buy a new amp and an EQ. i used to post on the dime rememberence w/e forum on dean and everyone swears by it to get an MXR eq and cut the mids.. i vote against mid cuts but its your choice