Hey I was just kinda thinking to myself and was thinking about tubes and to my understanding, to achieve an overdrive/distortion from a tube amp, you have to let the tubes warm up, and then crank it to 10 correct? So at loud volumes it would distort, but if you wanted to play at a loud volume could you switch channels from clean to distortion? I've never played a tube amp or know a lot so this prolly sounds like a stupid question.
On single-channel amps, you would have to crank it for distortion. But if it has 2 or more channels, you can do that. If it as a gain control, you wouldnt have to crank it to get overdrive.
If the amp has a gain and master knob you can get gain at lower volumes. If it's like a Deluxe Reveb and has no gain knob, then you have to crank it or use and OD pedal to overdrive the tubes for that break up we love so much.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
If the amp has a gain and master knob you can get gain at lower volumes. If it's like a Deluxe Reveb and has no gain knob, then you have to crank it or use and OD pedal to overdrive the tubes for that break up we love so much.

+ 1. Mine is that way.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."