Hi, i am buying a Crate V18-112 and i was wondering how well will it do Metal and Rock (from Ac/Dc to Metallica to Led Zeppelin)? If not, what pedal(s) can i buy for it so to make it more versatile or what other amp in the $300 dollar area can i buy instead of the V18? My guitar is a Fender Strat with a Red Lace Sensor on the bridge.

thank
You can get a 50w All Tube Valve King for 399.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
I say get a Blackheart 15w, not the Little Giant, but the newer one. You should probably get an overdrive pedal like the Zakk Wylde OD for your Metallica and harder sounds.
Quote by qotsa1998
I say get a Blackheart 15w, not the Little Giant, but the newer one. You should probably get an overdrive pedal like the Zakk Wylde OD for your Metallica and harder sounds.

ok, thanks...the Blackheart Handsome Devil, right? its too expensive as much as it looks good

Quote by Necrophagist777
You can get a 50w All Tube Valve King for 399.

again, its too expensive and way too heavy...i can only go up to 350 and that is the ultimate limit...
i just ogt a crate v50 and its pretty decent, i havent tried out the od channel that much really cuz i have to crank it alot to get a good od, so i just use a dist. pedal on the clean channel, and it works great
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
for 300 hundred bucks, you wont get too much outa them but i do here good things about the crates, although you will most likely need some OD or dist pedal...

but.. DID YOU KNOW that the 50 watt version is the same price as the 212 18watt version on musiciansfriend? Although you might not want that kinda loudness lol
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
You should be able to find a Peavey Windsor Studio combo for $350. On Musician's Friend they have one for $347 or so.
I have the same amp. It does blues and jazz really well, and you can get some good hard rock, but you would need a pedal to get some metal tone
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.