so im looking for an amp with a TON of distortion...the equivilant of a metalcore pedal with the distortion up at 9... but preferably less crappy sound quality ...

it also needs to be 100 watts or more cuz seriously during band practice ANYTHING under that will be covered by the sound of my drummer (he doesnt even mic up, we have no clue how hes that loud) ...

im hoping for a price range of 400-750 so i guess its gonna be a combo amp... if my price range is too low (which i bet it is) let me know about an amp that will get the job done thats more expensive... thankyou!
Look at any mesa, or a 6505 or something. Not sure if either come in 100 watts, but I also don't know if you meant tube or ss wattage.
I play some pretty heavy stuff, and a metalcore on 9 is really overkill.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Probably SS watts. I say get a Randall MTS, and the highest-gain module they have for it, I think they have a Bogner module or the 1086 module. The head is only $700, so bump up your budget a little for a good 2x12 cab.
lol, you don't realy need 100watts. By all means get a high wattage amp if that's what makes you happy, but you don't realy NEED one.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Quote by tona_107
Look at any mesa, or a 6505 or something. Not sure if either come in 100 watts, but I also don't know if you meant tube or ss wattage.

A Bugera 6260 sounds nice in this price range. I don't think you will find a Mesa in that price range, and if you do, you will still need a cab. You could get a used 6505 too.

Also, you have no need of 100 watts. I run my Bugera at 60 watts and can EASILY be heard over my drummer, who is rocking a Medicine Man custom acrylic kit, and Meinl Cymbals (including that giant 24" ride, that he crashes on a la Aaron Gillespie). I only have to turn up to about 2.5-3
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge