What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? I was thinking of getting one for the Metallica stuff I do, but I don't want to get EMGs, as the cleans aren't great.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
duncan actives are way too middy for metallica stuff. you can pull it off, but emg's are better suited. the emg 60 has awesome cleans, s you can buy that
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
blackouts im not too sure about, although ive heard theyre good... livewires however, are good due to the fact that theyre basically active versions of some famed duncan set up... im not entirely sure, but i just purchased a set of dave mustaine livewires and im about to get them put in because his tone is sick

EDIT: and to the other guy saying duncans would have too much mids; just turn the mids on the amp down
Quote by apak
duncan actives are way too middy for metallica stuff. you can pull it off, but emg's are better suited. the emg 60 has awesome cleans, s you can buy that

I'm not very interested in the earlier scooped stuff. I'm more into the Black Album and forward (yes, even St. Anger), where they did introduce some mids into their sound.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!