So i can get this Peavey Classic 30 for 1/3 of it's price (norway). Is it good? Any experiences with it? Would it handle some 80's rock and distortion for a little havier tone also? Crunchy, fat kinda tone. (Ratt/Alice Cooper distortion is heavy enough) Rocomend any dist pedals aswell to go along with it if any?

Thanks for the help guys.
...What!?
Last edited by Ergin at Sep 27, 2008,
It's a great amp and the overdrive channel is not bad but for som 80s and little heavier stuff I would use a OD or distortion box =)
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Yea i was thinking the same :p Would you recommend any? Im not really familiar with distortion and OD's becouse i allways been using a Microcube :/
...What!?
You had me at 1/3 the price in Norway... Diamond plated tube guard and tweed? Noice!
Try it obviously. The gain channel is a little noisy when it's cranked a bit, other than that - great amp. IMO Check out some tubescreamer clones and other overdrives as well. It's a matter of taste/budget/preference there. For brootalz a jekyl and hyde is my rec. (There are many I have not tried tho).
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
There's a whole world of them out there :P It ofcourse depends how much you want to spend and what kind of sounds you want.

Check the entire list at places like Musicianfriend(USA) or Thomann(Europe)

Give me some hints and I'll see if I can recomend you something myself
Schecter C1 Classic
Wampler Ego Compressor
Thanks, i'll check out the links

Thanks for the comments so far, would like to receive even more tought :p
...What!?
Quote by gregs1020
You had me at 1/3 the price in Norway... Diamond plated tube guard and tweed? Noice!
Try it obviously. The gain channel is a little noisy when it's cranked a bit, other than that - great amp. IMO Check out some tubescreamer clones and other overdrives as well. It's a matter of taste/budget/preference there. For brootalz a jekyl and hyde is my rec. (There are many I have not tried tho).

When you say noisy, do you mean like unbearable noise or just a little fuzz in the backround kinda noise? Would it still be a good amp and would it beat my damaged Microcube?

Or did i misread it?
...What!?
^ I think he meant it like "nice" with a little twist
Schecter C1 Classic
Wampler Ego Compressor
Quote by Ergin
When you say noisy, do you mean like unbearable noise or just a little fuzz in the backround kinda noise? Would it still be a good amp and would it beat my damaged Microcube?

Or did i misread it?

Nothing drastic, just some cap hum in the background when the amp is cranked up but your not playing. Nothing that should sway you away from it by any means. Most amps have the noise back there unless you go super high dollar. I would be all over that tweed if it plays well. Great classic rock beast with great cleans, IMO.
Quote by backtothe70s
It's a great amp and the overdrive channel is not bad but for som 80s and little heavier stuff I would use a OD or distortion box =)

tbh, you really don't need one. People underestimate how much gain it has. It can sort of do a thrash tone on it's own. But it is a great amp.
Thanks guys :p Thanks for the good comments.

One more question that is kinda confusing me.. What's the difference between the amp i posted and the one that looks like this:

Are they the same amp? They are the same model people say, is it only the looks of it that is a little different?
...What!?
same amp. different year model. they changed the look to "http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/regular/3/7/1/452371.jpg" that look within say.. the last 5 years ..?
So there arent any different with the sounds and tone, just the look?
...What!?
Just appearance, I prefer the one you are looking at over the new one. It's more "classic".
Little Bump: Do you guys think i may also be able to squeese some 80's glam and hair metal tone like Ratt, Poison and Hard Rock like Iron Maiden and Ac/Dc for example? Would an OD pedal be nice for this?
...What!?