My guitar's strap button fell off. So the screw is totally out, and if i try to screw it back in, it just pops back out if i pull it a bit.

Can i permanently fix this?
Use wood glue and jam a bunch of pieces of toothpicks into the hole let it dry then screw her back in.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Quote by GOLDIE93
Use wood glue and jam a bunch of pieces of toothpicks into the hole let it dry then screw her back in.

How secure is that? Can i feel safe gigging with it? Can i get it professionally fixed?
You should BOLT it in...then it will never come off. Although, you have to be able to know how to do that.
The toothpick thing. I used to work at a music shop, that's what they do to it anyways. It's the best way, you're pretty much replacing the wood.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Quote by GOLDIE93

do this. this works really well and it holds for a long time
:stickpoke thats pretty much it
I've gigged with a toothpick hole many times, and I go psycho, you might hafta replace if every once in awhile though because the toothpicks will wear out, but it won't just die one day, you'll see it slipping
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
How exactly do i do this toothpick thing? Do i fill the whole hole with toothpicks dipped in wood glue?
I have always just put glue in the hole first and cut the toothpicks to size and then jammed as many in as possible. just make sure to wipe off the extra glue and if you are really anal about asthetics then you can always file down the bits of wood stickin out.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Quote by dookieguy
How exactly do i do this toothpick thing? Do i fill the whole hole with toothpicks dipped in wood glue?

I just take a few toothpicks, jam them in the hole, break off the parts that are sticking out by bending them over the hole, and drill the button back in. I don't use the glue, I guess you can if you really wanna though.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
You don't truly have to use glue. Just one matchstick does it for me, nothing more, nothing less.