whats up dudes? I have a serious problem. I have a Jackson DXMG MG series which tremolo is the JT580lp. It has served me well in the past but now is becoming increidbly un-reliable and im in desperate need of a replacement.

I dont want another JT580 and im considering an actual floyd rose. I called my guitar store (that i trust completly) they can get me a no-named trem for $80, a good qualtiy (forgort brand) for $180 and a floyd rose for $300.

theres also a floyd rose on ebay (i think its a clone) for $60!!

my budget is incredibly tight but i want some feedback before i make my desicion. Would the $60 be worth it just to last me until i get another guitar? Anyone have any experience with these "cheap" roses?
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
If it says "Licensed Floyd Rose" STAY AWAY.
If it says "Original Floyd Rose" whammy to your hearts delight.
Licensed floyds just SUCK, they won't hold tune (most of em) and are made from cheap materials. If you're going to get a locking trem, don't go cheap, or it will bite you.
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Mesa Oversized recto 4x12
Jackson DKMG (w/ BareKnuckle Warpigs )
Ibanez Acoustic

Feel free to add me or PM me.
for one thing how much do you us it ,if you use it like alot , try getting some new springs and replace the old ones ,most of the time thats where every those wrong with them i had that happen to me to and it sucks but i lerned the hard way i got a new one when i just need new springs and just put the same amount of springs back on it .it will be stiff but in the long run it will save you some cash .let me know how things work out

o and make sure every thing is tight
the nut where my e string locks in is loose and the string keeps coming out, it doesnt stay in tune AND itl die when i dive bomb

the one thats 60 is liscened under floyd rose =(
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
Quote by {Ѵëņŏmőůş}
If it says "Licensed Floyd Rose" STAY AWAY.
If it says "Original Floyd Rose" whammy to your hearts delight.
Licensed floyds just SUCK, they won't hold tune (most of em) and are made from cheap materials. If you're going to get a locking trem, don't go cheap, or it will bite you.

Aw my day just got ruined. I wanted to get a bunch of Schecter's with matching floyd rose versions so I had the choice, but they're all licensed...

Weakkkk!
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
wow i just got outbid for an original floyd rose at 110 with 4 seconds left.

bump!!

should i just get the $60 one??
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
lol, a $60 trem? ...fail

and if you wanted to replace the JT580lp, you can't use an Original Floyd, you have the get the Floyd Rose Pro
If you get the $60 one you'll probably end up in the same position a while down the line.
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
ahh, well good thing i didnt win the Orignal then..

I got a Floyd Rose licensed Pro for 65$.. w/e i just want something to last me a couple of months while i save up for my Custom carvin =)

thx for the help ppl
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity