Hey, I found a used 100watt Peavey Windsor halfstack for $400 in mint condition....I don't know much about this amp, but it seems like a good deal.
I wouldn't plan on keeping this amp for a long time, I'd just have it a while and try to sell it for a profit if it is actualy worth more like I have a feeling it is.

But since I will most likely have it for at least a while, I'd like to know what genre's it does best, it's pro's and con's....just basicly what kind of sound i can get out of it.

Also, like I said, I don't know much about this amp...can someone give me a price range of what one of these could cost?
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
I own the head and i use it w/ a cab i built myself...to tell you the truth i didnt like it that much at first, but now i just it w my OCD, which is always on and i use the guitars volume and tone controls to get a wide variety of sounds
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Do you think it could do metalcore type stuff?
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.
i dont know what metalcore is but the windsor is not a modern high gain amp...its been refered to as a hot-rodded JCM800 which i dont think could handle metalcore very well...its not a lack of gain its just not voiced for that
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
When I say metalcore, I'm t thinkin A7X, Bullet for My Valentine type stuff....and they are both very gain-y. You think maybe with some pedals it could get there?

And do you know the going rate for these amps?
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.
as I said gain its not a problem, even better if used w an OD pedal...i just dont know if its voiced for the modern high gain amps that those bands use...ill let someone else take it from here

oh and no i have no idea...i bought mine like a year ago
ya ^ he said it all i used to have one. they go for like 600 new so i don't think you would make much
Metal/Metalcore/Hardcore: No.

Anything else: GET THAT SHIT NOW.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
It's voiced like a vintage Marshall. Not specifically any one Marshall, but rather it has traits of a few different ones blended together.

Therefore, you can get pretty much anything from classic 70's heavy metal to almost 80's hair metal.

$400 is a damn great price, it's like getting the cab for free. I paid $650 for my half stack which was a pretty good deal, and a new stack off musician's friend would be like $800 after shipping.
I've got one also and it's basically a poor mans JCM 800. Does decent hard rock, but metalcore (or whatever you call it) isn't something it aspires to.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD