Hi. Although I'm primarily an Electric guitarist, I play acoustic as well, just nowhere near as often. With that said, I'm struggling with certain beginner techniques that I'd normally not have any problem with, such as standard Barre Chords. I can't seem to get a minor barre chord with root on the E string down, it just requires too much strength (.12 guage).

My last technique is getting "full" sounding harmonics, like in this song right here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG7ltZ4dg2A&feature=related

Just give me some tips and pointers, etc.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
uhh... Practice. Really, for that you ust need to build strength, which will come with practice.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
yeah man just practice as much as you can on acoustic, then every now and then on electric. your fingers will get strong alot faster
How can you possibly not have enough strength for barre chords?

If you press hard enough I bet you could do it. You're just not trying hard enough.

Pain is not a viable excuse to not play something.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Quote by USAPeavey

I disagree. In some cases, playing when something hurts is a great way to cause serious injury and set your playing back further.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by USAPeavey

Yes it is. Pain is the body's mechanism to tell you that something's not right. You can seriously injure yourself by ignoring pain.

Anyway, just keep playing those barre chords and you'll have them down soon enough. It can take a year before you get comfortable with them.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.