I'm interested in getting that LP JR sound, but I'm not going to buy the Billie Joe(sp) model because I've never been a fan of playing someone else's guitar. Call me stubborn but what ever.

I'm looking for that Punchy, Crunch sound that it gives off. Do any of you know if replacing a regular LP's bridge pup will do the same thing, or is it also that wrap around tail piece that adds to the sound? Thanks.
the les paul junior doesn't have a mahogany/maple top, which adds depth and richness to the sound of a regular les paul.

If you don't want the billie joe signature, just get the regular les paul junior.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
It is a totally different guitar from a LP. Otherwise a 54 LP with a wrap around and P-90 would sound the same. They don't BTW.

A lot of people who have never owned either will talk about "depth" or "richness" but an original Jr or Standard each have this.

A Junior is made from a piece of Honduran mahogany - which is a quality piece of wood. You'll notice the POS guitars would say 'mahogany' which is like comparing McDonalds to Ruth Chris, as they both sell 'beef'.

The neck angle, pickups, tailpiece and brazillian board all contribute to the sound. Also, the neck tenon is totally different from Junior to Special which is why they don't sound the same.
Quote by Sonny_sam
the les paul junior doesn't have a mahogany/maple top, which adds depth and richness to the sound of a regular les paul.

If you don't want the billie joe signature, just get the regular les paul junior.

As far as I know they don't sell "regular LP JRs" unless they are Custom Shop.
Quote by Dirty_Civilian
As far as I know they don't sell "regular LP JRs" unless they are Custom Shop.

they do, they are just the lowest crappyist LP you can get......
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by mrbungle50221
they do, they are just the lowest crappyist LP you can get......

So crappy it's not even on their site

I guess I'll go for the Custom Shop.
Try to find a used Gibson USA Les Paul Junior. Those are kind of rare though.

If you HAVE to get a Custom Shop, at least find a used one for a cheaper price. In my opinion I think the Les Paul JRs from the Custom Shop are overpriced.

I like the sound though. It's a good guitar, no doubt.
Try to find a good copy on Ebay. Look for brands like Edwards, Burny, Orville, and Tokai. It seems like there are fewer of them available lately, though. But the single-cuts seem a little easier to find.