TOO MANY CHOICES! I was dead set on a ceriatone 18 watt tmb combo with a cascade mode, then i discovered the reeves custom 10 hg and custom 18 combos! THEN I discovered the ugly-18 combo!

WHAT SHOULD I GET? all the amps (except the reeves 18 watt, which is $1800 but i could save if it is truly amazing) are pretty much the same price, around $1200, give or take a bit. i wanna get an 80 glam metal sound (quiet riot, bonm jovi, scorpions, ratt, ozzy) and 70's and 80's hard rock sound (styx, journey, van halen, guns n roses)

gain isn't really an issue cause i have a rat and a distortion+

So, which seems like the best option?
You might wanna also look at Splawns, I think those are vintage Marshall clones as well.
Quote by qotsa1998
You might wanna also look at Splawns, I think those are vintage Marshall clones as well.

*sigh* You just HAD to add another amp into the confusion!

Those amps seem good, especially cause they have the option of either a hot rodded plexi or hot rodded jcm 800 tone on the same amp, but they are pretty expensive and don't come in combo form, and i took me FOREVEVER to make $1200

I'll consider them too.
^the cheapest one is way $300 higher and only available in head form and seems like it's made for more blues rock than what i need

but thanks for the reccomendation

anyone else know which out of these 5 amps would be best for me:
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB w/ cascade mod combo
Reeves Custom 10 HG combo
Reeves Custom 18 combo
Ugly-18 Watt Combo
Splawn Competition Head
If i ever got a Marshall clone, i'd get a Ceriatone JCM800 clone.
O O

___
Quote by qotsa1998

They're Marshall based, but not really Marshall clones.

Metropoulos is probaby out of your price range, but they make the best on the market imo.
Quote by Dance_of_Death
^the cheapest one is way $300 higher and only available in head form and seems like it's made for more blues rock than what i need

but thanks for the reccomendation

anyone else know which out of these 5 amps would be best for me:
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB w/ cascade mod combo
Reeves Custom 10 HG combo
Reeves Custom 18 combo
Ugly-18 Watt Combo
Splawn Competition Head

If you can swing it, Roccaforte amps are the best damn things since sliced bread.

But if you can't, look Tophat.
well my budget has just been restricted to $1200, so i can't strech my budget so the metropoulos, tophat, splawn, roccafortem and reeves 18 watt has just been taken out.

out of the 3 choices i have left, i think i'm going for the the ugly-18 watt and matching 1X12, it seems like the best choice in my price range and with the money i have left over i can get a 10 band eq to make up for just a tone nob on the amp.

but i have look at the ceriatone 20 watt lead and bass and it is also in my price range with the shipping and a 1x12 cab and i have heard it is also good

any other ideas?
Quote by al112987
They're Marshall based, but not really Marshall clones.

Metropoulos is probaby out of your price range, but they make the best on the market imo.

Yeah, but he would probably need a JCM 800 clone for the music he plays.

Might I suggest a ceriatone JCM800 clone?
get a splawn man iplan on getting a superstock next month

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by DerekTheDominoe
Yeah, but he would probably need a JCM 800 clone for the music he plays.

Might I suggest a ceriatone JCM800 clone?

No I don't think so, all the artists he listed used Marshall plexis. I know EVH used '68 plexis, and Neal Schonn from Journey used late 60s plexis as well. Randy Rhoads used a 70s metal face super lead. Anything 70s spec probably has enough gain for his styles.
Last edited by al112987 at Oct 1, 2008,
Quote by al112987
No I don't think so, all the artists he listed used Marshall plexis. I know EVH used '68 plexis, and Neal Schonn from Journey used late 60s plexis as well. Randy Rhoads used a 70s metal face super lead. Anything 70s spec probably has enough gain for his styles.

All I'm saying is that a plexi clone might be out of his price range. A used jcm 800 combo would work very well for what he wants.
Last edited by DerekTheDominoe at Oct 1, 2008,
well it's official, i'm getting the ugly 18 watt 1x12, i just ordered today and i got a deal on an empty 1x12 cab from him and shipping for both

i plan on putting a warehouse greenback clone in the cab and using my distortion+ and rat if i need more gain

will post pron and clips when it comes!
Quote by guitaruboy
with that kind of money, why not just get a marshall?

Visit the "vintage amp, clone and re-issue thread" if you want to learn more. I'm only posting back there when I get my new amp.
18w tmb ceriatone is the way to go babygirl!
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo